I decided

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
To put a flute on lay a way at the music store. I used to play years ago. Then my flute was stolen. So over the years I have pondered getting back into it. I kept mentioning it to husband periodically to gage his reaction. Well I started mentioning it harder and while we were out of town yesterday I went to a music store. Checked them out. So today he stopped at the music store here in town and had me ask about them. Sure enough they had one like I wanted. So I put it and the books (I am going to go through the educational books again). I want to be able to try out for our city symphony in a year or so. I imagine it will take me that long at a minimum to get back into the swing of it. After a while I hope to get a piccolo to go with the flute (I played one of those too) but I don't want to push husband over the edge.

When easy child got home husband asked where her music stand was (she made an attempt to play the trumpet that didn't go well). She wanted to know why I wanted it. When I told her I was getting a flute again she just nodded. It should be interesting.

I always loved to play. So soon I will be playing again. This time for me. It feels kind of good to do something like this. Something that is truly my own.

Beth

klmno

Good for you! I'm so glad to hear that you are making time for yourself and it is a wonderful outlet! You deserve it- ENJOY!!

Kathy813

Staff member
Good for you!! :bravo:

It's easy to lose ourselves when living with the day to day trauma of GFGdom. It's important to do things just for you.

Enjoy.

~Kathy

Star*

call 911........call 911
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU TO HAVE MUSIC BACK IN YOUR LIFE -

And now I can say "Why yes, I know a flutist!"

GOOD JOB GIRL!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Awesome!!! I can't figure out how to use the icons or I would have the clapping bravo clapping away!

nvts

Hi! I don't know where your music stand is, but I bet it's with Heather's mike stand that the yeti in her living room wants to borrow!

:bigsmile:

Have a great time with this! I keep looking at the back of my boy's closet at my old 6 and 12 string guitars thinking "someday", but never get around to it!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hey Beth -

I play spoons - if you need me I'm there -

We need more musicians -

Who wants to join Beths Magical Flute band?

She obviously needs a name for her band -

So far ......

Beth ....on flute
Star ....on spoons
Wynter.On Yeti? no no no - on mike
NVTS...on 12 string and 6 string guitar
:peaceout: ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!

trinityroyal

Can I be the Doo-Wah girl?

I have a fabulous pair of silver knee-high go-go boots that would be just the ticket. And I think I have a Tiny Tot Tambourine in the house somewhere, from when Little easy child was REALLY little.

:cutie_pie:

Trinity

Beth, that is SO COOL!!

Ahem. I was a serious band jock. I played sax, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, and flute. But mostly sax.

Can I join the magical flute band?

F

flutterbee

This is really cool, Beth. I'm so glad you are doing something that is just for you.

Happy fluting!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Beth,

I'm so excited for you! I love music - specifically playing the piano. Is the flute on lay away or are you making payments & playing already.

The day I started piano lessons again a couple of years back was one of the most therapeutic in my lifetime.

It's so exciting & gratifying to make music. by the way, I've been back tickling the ivories a bit - the music I had memorized before I got ill is coming back. neuropsychologist is telling me that it's the long term memory thing kicking in - I'm going to have a more difficult time learning new music due to short term memory stuff. I don't care right now - it's fun to sit down & play what I thought was lost forever.

I'm tickled for you! What a delightful self caring thing to do for yourself. :happyguy:

nvts

My sister and I both have aspies, my 2 her 1, and all 3 show some sort of interest in music.

With her other son and my daughter rounding out the mix I told her that they could start a band and they could call it:

PAIN IN THE ASPERGERS

:guitarlove:
She liked it!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Pain in the Aspergers.....ROFLMApsergersOff.....

....they can be the cover band for Magical Flute band

We are still looking for qualified players -----

Beth - can you play any Jethro Tull?

Calista

:beautifulthing:
I have a flute I play when no one is home. I want to play for our praise band at church. I have also, in the distant past, played violin, trombone, and clarinet. Can I join, too?
:please:

PersonalEnigma

Used to play flute back in grade 8 - I wasn't any good though ;) I played piano a bit too, but never practiced. Singing was my thing :) I don't sign much now either though :( The baby has me more interested in singing than I have been in a long time - she LOVES it!