I Did It and now

susiestar

Roll With It
we are HOME!

I DID make it past my fear and anxiety. Went to my parents' yesterday to wrap presents, to my inlaws, home for about 35 min, and back to my parents'.

Yesterday we went to wrap gifts at my parents. My mom had approximately a 3foot by 4 foot by 3 foot high box FULL of Christmas wrapping bags. THat doesn't count the enormous amt of wrapping paper, bows, tissue, etc...

So my Dad called and begged us to come over so he doesn't have to store it for another year! (The box of bags is from 2 recent estate sales, and managed to about double the amount of gift bags she had:D ). We had a pretty good time, though I got frazzled.

We got to my inlaws about 7:30 because Wiz had to work until 6pm. He arranged to not work Christmas Eve, but then the person who was covering his shift got mono. He didn't HAVE to take the shift back, but he likes his job and didn't want to leave the mgmt shorthanded. Such growth I see in him.:D

We had a peaceful evening with my inlaws, I got to watch some Law and Order (No Cable or dish, and that channel doesn't come in well so I miss it) and we had a nice time chatting.

Then this am about 11:30 my sister in law and her hubby and my nephew came over. Man, I always think of M (nephew) as about 5 or 6, running around my parents' backyard at our wedding reception with a live snake he found. it is a shock when he TOWERS over me and hugs me. He is also a great guy. We exchanged gifts, had our traditional Mexican meal for Christmas (husband's side's tradition. We ALL love mexican, so it is our holiday meal.). Then I took a nap.

We came home, picked up gifts for my side and went to my parents. Bro was not terribly late, XSIL came with niece, we had a great time opening gifts, and then had dinner (sandwiches and munchies, again traditional for my side for the holiday).

And then I had to be at HOME. So we came home.

The kids LOVED their gifts, the relatives all did too. Yes, I forgot a couple at each place (forgot to bring them) but I will send them over in a day or 2. And it was NOT the end of the world.

I had so much FUN watching the kids and my niece and nephew, all in their stages of growth. We really enjoyed the chatting with the family (ALL of them, amazingly) and there was NO sniping at anyone over anything.

The kids didn't even squabble!

And at my parents, while the adults were chatting after gifts were opened, the kids went and set the table! Without anyone asking!!! It was SO SWEET!!!

(And I can't wait to play with some of the toys!!!!!!)

Hugs to all, thank you so much for your support and love. I very much hope you ALL know how much I love you.

Love,

Susie

dreamer

I get the impression I missed some posts.....but.I wanted to say how happy I am for you becuz this sounds so nice. ANd it sounds like it being nice was kinda unexpected. Which makes it all that much more great. I am so happy for you. It is so wondeful when things do turn out good. Merry Christmas!
(it was also very good here, to my surprise and delight)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow Susie!!! That's awesome!! :D :D

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and a grand xmas!! And you deserved every minute.

As for playing with the toys.........I can't wait until we set up Aubrey's castle playset for her. :rofl: