I didn't give up

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
*anything* yesterday, so husband actually did a couple things last night. He unloaded part of the dishwasher, and when I went out and took apart the kegs and loaded everything in my truck (by myself - which is also how they got to our house...by myself) he came out (about 15 minutes behind me) and unloaded the little cart of wood left (also went inside about 40 minutes before I did...)

He bought a cooler about 5 years ago with a radio in the side of it. Its now junk. It was lying beside the wood pile. Instead of throwing it away in the garbage cans that were RIGHT THERE, now, it is part OF the wood pile. He stacked the wood, nice and neat, around and on top of the flippin bright blue junk cooler/radio.

What IS my problem...?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Naw.

I don't even need nice and neat. But just need it to not be trashiest trailer park in the 'hood. Cause I can promise you, I am not a neat freak!

tawnya

So that's where my husband goes....he's at your house, LOL. I SWEAR we are married to the same man.

You can have him...LOL

susiestar

Roll With It
Don't you HATE it when you are doing more work than "normal" and husband is doing a little bit of work (although it is more than his normal nothing) but you are supposed to actually PRAISE and REWARD him for the little bit he HAS done, even though he started later and finished earlier and did a lousy job at what he did? That is the part of it that makes me the angriest.

Keep on not giving *it* up, maybe he will do more work to get on your *good* side?

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm telling you girl........www.wastemanagement.com...........

They are selling these neoprene containers that can hold literally a 1/2 ton of trash and you buy them at the Home Depot.....then fill them, then call WM......and bye bye to ka ka.

I think about all the metal that must be lazing around the farm.....and you have GOT to have enough scrap to buy yourself a new something......YOURSELF.....send him on a vacation.....and get to pickin'.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm gonna have to check out the container. THat's awesome.

We got $300 on those loads. There's more. Gotta work a little harder for the next loads tho (which is a good thing - easy child 1 has hauled off scrap off and on all year). I split the money with the kids.

I did not ask for help loading the trailer. I did ask for help getting *insert list of tasks to finish that day, including deadline time, if applicable* done, which is what really made me angry about the situation. He KNEW I was on a tight time schedule, and he knew I wass multi-tasking, and had the gonads to be mad at me for stopping when he bothered to show up, and get mad at me for tending to another one of the things I had to get done.

We've had a couple of discussions the last couple days about it. One of his complaints was feeling left out of conversations and plans, in particular, difficult child 1's party that he "did not know about". And I know the more frustrated I get with him, the less I make a point to tell him. However, I KNOW I told him I was getting the Sam's card to get meat for the party, and easy child 1 and I asked him how much meat he thought we ought to get, and we have had conversations about the party in the same room as he is for 3 weeks...but guess what was on....a **** screen. And he admits he probably doesn't listen when the tv or computer is on, and also that if he's in the house, he's in front of one or the other. So WTH do I do? I've alked to him about Wee when he's playing online checkers and he gets ticked cause I interrupt him. If the tv is on, he's either ticked that I'm talking, I have to speak only during commercial break (when he also flips channels, so there's rarely a commercial break), or he doesn't remember anything I said, anyway. So I guess I've just quit.

And the only two topics that have been touched on so far are the house and his comments at the party Saturday night that cgfg is the "only kid around here that'll listen to (him) and she knows if she doesn't listen, (he'll) beat her butt, and when (he) talks she listens". Really, husband? So that's why you sent her to bed at 11:30 and I caught her playing wii at 2? Yeah. She listens. And at this point, I see it as just another example of what you think of me and mine vs what you think of you and yours.

And this morning, he's mad at me cause I'm still not giving in (and *thats* what he's mad about). He "gets that I am frustrated, but he's trying". I will spare you the actions that followed, but trust me, he's mad and I know it, and it took PA to a whole new level in my house.

Last edited: