I do more....No, I do more...and so it goes...

witzend

It used to be that way, but husband has gotten much better. I am awfully glad that the kids are out of the loop though. The kids were totally my responsibility, and that made it very unbalanced. Of course, I have health issues that are stopping me now, so many times, if he wants to eat, he needs to cook. We also have someone coming in to thoroughly clean the house twice a month, so I feel a lot less panicked about dog hair and filth than I used to.

mom_to_3

You do know Jo that while going on strike, it would probably benefit you the most, to NOT announce your strike. It's just a little secret you keep to yourself. The next trick to making this successful is that you will not become upset at the mess that will surround you! You need to be all sweetness and light and really not notice. You might even be more attentive to your husband. ;-). Clean up after yourself, do your own laundry, but leave the rest of the mess to the responsible parties.

It really shouldn't take long before someone, most probably your husband notices and begins saying things. That is the time for you to be just a tad bit surprised and then say...... I'm sorry you feel that way. I've been thinking about the problem that "I" was having with all of the messes and how busy I always am cleaning after everyone else, and then I realized...................... why am I doing this?????????????? And just WHO decided that my name was assigned to taking care of all of the dirty work in the house while others relaxed. How silly of me! I'm taking my name off of that assignment. Now if anyone would like to speak to me about equally sharing the responsibilities, I'm game to cooperate. You will have to keep us updated to how this unfolds!