I do not like the flu. No, sir, not at all.

nerfherder

Been running about 102 most of the day. I managed my morning chores: getting Kiddo up and off to school, breakfast for the houseold, goats, chickens, and rabbits. (Kiddo does the basic chicken and rabbit chores after breakfast, and before school.)

After feeding and watering them all (and losing half a bucket of water because I am nelly like jelly in my arms today) I crawled back into bed. Pings from Blacksmith who wanted to know why this, that or the other was done wrong or differently, I finally responded (sms works better on the farm than hollering out the windows when sick!) "Just say it's all my fault, I have no fight in me." And went back to sleep. Or what passes for sleep when everything hurts, even my freaking eyeballs.

Felt better (or less bad) about a half hour before Kiddo's bus dropped her off, I offered to do something in the house, and that was getting the ashes out of the woodstove, and wiping it down before afternoon fire starting. While I was in the main house, I took a C and a tylenol, and felt a little better.

Then I had to help get three of our neighbors' wayward steer calves back into their pasture, and move pallets to help barricade the broken barbed wire cattle fencing.

You know, I love that I live here. I generally only get the flu once a decade. This time 9 years ago, and that one was BAD.

You can't call in sick to Livestock, or Kiddos.

buddy

Oh you poor dear! I stayed 3DAYS at a dairy farm and I couldn't imagine that never ending load. A kid is enough! I admire those that do it immensely.

Feel better soon, the flu stinks big time.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Do whatever you can, when you can, to take care of YOU. That means in bed and resting as much as you can. Push fluids. Remember to eat too......and something good like chicken soup if you can't manage a real meal.

I certainly hope the next couple of days go smoothly enough you can pamper yourself some. Hope you feel better soon.

((hugs))