M

ML

We're here to share the joy. He may not show it but he's got to be relieved. Or maybe he's smarter than the rest of us and reserves his worrying until something actually happens. The rest of us tend to worry about what might happen, especially when the odds are stacked that way.

Yippeeee, PTL and Halleluja. This is wonderful, awesome news.

donna723

That's WONDERFUL news, Star! :D

Maybe Dude doesn't realize how close he came and how lucky he is, but one day he will. I'm so happy for you!

jbrain

Star,
what fantastic news! I am so happy for you--what a weight to be lifted off your shoulders, the dark cloud is gone! I bet you will have lots of restful nights now. Thanks for sharing!
Jane

Star*

call 911........call 911
Suz -

I think you're right. DF said a similar thing last night. It's hard to fathom what 30 years is when you have only lived 18. :surprise:

I slept the best sleep in years last night......nice. :D

house of cards

I'm soo very happy for you all! You have carried this extra weight a long time as well as Dude, and even if he doesn't realize it...I bet he is walking lighter. Great news on the job, with transportation too!

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
wooo-hoo!

:bigsmile::bravo::beautifulthing::cheerleader::dance::hearye:
I couldn't be happier for you and Dude! OMG, I'm grinning from ear to ear...you made my day! Fantastic news!!

Genny
(Wish I lived closer 'cause I just want to hug the snot out of Dude right now :D)

C.J.

Your update was the first one I went searching for this morning. I'm so happy that things worked out the way they were supposed to work out....and if the threat of jail helped turn Dude around and he stayed out of trouble - this wasn't necessarily a bad thing. I would not want him to think that he can get away with illegal activity because he won't get caught, and I'd hate to have him think the ENTIRE justice system is a crock. I'm glad this was an example of the system working well, not perfect, but well.

Enjoy the sleep!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sometimes - I think

WHAT DID I DO RIGHT -----

Because I'd sure like to keep doing it. This feels WAY better than upset.

Thanks all for your well wishes, hugs and support.

And then later today? I should see him where I work - as he started work today.

You know - I told Abbey last night - I nearly didn't tell him thinking - if this is what he needed hanging over his head to pull himself together - and then realized that we just had to tell him. But I get what you're saying CJ - I really had to think about letting this "threat" go. sad but true.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Congratulations! What a relief! I really hate the legal system.
We've got that difficult child magical thinking going on in our family...

lovemysons

Awww, that's awesome news, STar!
So happy for you all. Oh, now If my young difficult child could get off the felony charges for spitting at the police the other day. He is SO bipolar and is being treated like a criminal in my mind.

Thanks for sharing your good news.
Hugs,
Tammy

Steely

:dance:
I will be doing the happy dance all day because of your news. How unbelievably awesome!!!!
Dude getting all the charges, completely & totally dropped - is unbelievably miraculous.
I coudn't be happier for you.

DDD

I am thrilled for you all. Truthfully "the system" and the games that are played is mindboggling. Only those of us who have dealt with them can understand..at all. The presumption of guilt is an evil methodology.

Enjoy your first peaceful night's sleep. Hugs. DDD