I don't have enough jammies

flutterby

Fly away!
to do this freezing and sweating thing. :mad::mad::mad: I'm literally sweating through my clothes one minute and then freezing with goose bumps the next. Stupid fever...and it's only 99.6. Last time it lasted for almost 3 months. It better not last that long again. It does NOT make me a happy camper. Let's just say it's a really good thing I don't own a gun. :faint:

difficult child saw the doctor today, too, and I made her leave after she was done (we were in the same room together). She was little miss 'tude today and I am sooooo not in the mood.

Good news is that difficult child was prescribed (I know I can't spell this right) amitriptyline for sleep and headaches. The doctor and I did NOT mention that it's an AD. That would have sent her over the edge. What she doesn't know won't hurt her. I don't even know what the dosage is for depression anyway. I'll have to look that up.

And I got a steroid shot in my shoulder. A friend came over to bathe me last night because I couldn't move my left side at all. :( I'm hoping it works.

I just needed to vent. I don't do the hot and cold thing very well. No tolerance for it at all. It makes me so cranky.

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG I hate the hot cold thing.

I'm done with the hot flashes of menopause. Hallaluyah. But still occasionally deal with the hot cold thing due to the kidneys. Actually am dealing with it tonight. Hit's me about the same time every night. Hoovers.

I hope the new medication helps difficult child. And I hope the shot helps you out.

Hugs

Josie

I hope your fever goes away sooner than it did before.

Amitriptyline was a good medication for difficult child 2 for a long time. It worked on her headaches, sleep, and her anxiety. Your difficult child reminds me of difficult child 2 so I hope it is a good one for her, too. Since she just thinks it is for headaches and sleep, maybe she'll keep on taking it. ;)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL I just gave away about 15 sets of jammies to Goodwill. I still have about 10! My drawer was bulging. I love jammies.

difficult child 1 may be the only child that ever took amytriptyline and it didn't work. difficult child 2 and husband have both taken it and it was great for them... Sigh. Of course, almost nothing difficult child 1 has taken works. Yargh!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I don't wear matching sets of jammies. I wear men's "lounge pants" or sweats with a t-shirt, flannel shirt, or sweatshirt on the top.

Sort of the same idea just mix n' match. They are usually cheaper if you don't mind not being "girly" You can get the bottoms in flannel or cotton for around twelve dollars at WalMart or Target, and sweats for a bit more.

T's are entirely up to you. You can get nice 'pocket tees', or you can get 'em three for ten bucks at Walgreens.

I live in the things. I usually haul on a pair of jeans if going out, but I've been known to head out on an errand or two in my "house clothes".

I don't care so long as everything is covered up.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hot/cold thing stinks. I'll wake up soaking wet, strip all clothing and sit in the cold leather chair. If I dose off, I'll wake up freezing. It's hard to describe to someone how it feels. It's so internal.

Hope all gets better with you.

Abbey

flutterby

Fly away!
I do the mix and match thing from Walmart, too. Strangely, their jammies fit me the best. If I try to buy the same size at Penny's, they don't fit.

I took a phenergan last night for my headache - by night time I can't stand light, sound...it even hurts to move my eyes. So, my doctor has me taking phenergan at night for my head, plus it makes me sleepy (now that I'm not sleeping around the clock anymore :hammer:).

The problem is, it also tends to kick up my restless body thing, although not every night. Of course, last night it did, so I had to take a klonopin, too...which makes me sleepier.

So here I am, almost drugged into unconsciousness, can barely keep my eyes open, but I can't sleep cause I'm freezing one minute with the covers over me and the heated mattress pad on, then burning up the next...throwing off the covers, turning off the mattress pad. Ugh. It was around 5:30am before I finally got to sleep.

And I'm still doing it today, though not to the same extreme as yesterday.

FOP - difficult child is against any medication that has to be taken for any length of time. She agreed to try it for 3 months. And that's only because the doctor backed down from 6 months. But, she has a history of wanting to go to the doctor about something, complaining about it for months, and then not wanting to do any kind of treatment. I wasn't letting her get away with that yesterday. I told her that the doctor can't wave a magic wand. So, crossing my fingers that it works. I still have to look up therapeutic dose for treating depression. I'll go do that now.

M

ML

I wear soft cotten men's boxer shorts and t-shirts.

I too understand the hot cold thing and agree with you that it is no fun. I hope your fever breaks soon and you can start feeling better.

DammitJanet

Im gonna try the mens boxers...that might be the key! At least if they dont work I can pass them along! I hate nightgowns because they get tangled up around me. In the winter I do like GN does and hit the sweats but in the summer its too hot. Normally I just go nude but that really isnt my best look!

One day I was awakened from a dead sleep to the electric company guy and I really do think I answered the door clad only in a t shirt! Hey he got here at 8 am and I was still under the influence of ambien!