I don't know how I did it, but.....

busywend

I lost 3 pounds this week!!!!:surprise::peaceful::D

After all the eating I did over the holiday weekend!! LOL!

I got my 10 pound ribbon last night.

I go to my 2nd Yoga class today at lunch. I am still too afraid to actually work out due to my blood pressure issues. Still taking half the diuretic and it is helping with my swelling, but blood pressure is still up.
But, I did enjoy the Yoga class on Tuesday. It was very relaxing to me. I love to stretch my muscles. It feels good.

I will be waiting to see how everyone else did this week. I hope you all got to be as shocked as me! LOL!

trinityroyal

Wendy, what great news! Congratulations on earning your 10 lb ribbon. Way to go.

As for the Yoga, don't fool yourself that it's not a workout. Even if you're doing gentle stretches and holding positions, you're still using large muscle groups and burning calories.

Good for you!

Trinity

That is truly wonderful!!!! Congratulations! Keep up the good work!-Trinity-Is yoga a real workout? I once took a class, and it was so boring, I had to bite my cheek to keep myself from laughing and ruin everyone's concentration. (I think I have ADD, and can't concentrate). I must not have had a good instructor./-Alyssa

busywend

Thanks everyone! I am still shocked. But, glad!

Upallnight - it is not a cardio workout. But, your muscles are getting quite the 'burn' which makes them stronger. Muscle burns fat, so I would guess it is still a good 'workout'. Just no sweat!

trinityroyal

Yup, Yoga is a real workout, just like Pilates is a real workout.

I remember the first Pilates class I took. I didn't even break a sweat, so I thought...hmmm. Did I do anything? I was so sore the next day I could barely move. THAT showed me how much of a workout it really was.

I used to do Pilates every day. It made me slim and lithe and I felt great. Yoga does the same thing, just using different movements and stretches.