I don't know what else to do with this child

pleez_help

I have tried to do what the psychiatrist told me to do with him. IT IS NOT WORKING AT ALL!!!! Within the last 30 minutes or so he has threw everything and anything he can get his hands on. Hit me kicked me, turned over my funiture. I don't know what to do with him. We went through the same thing yesterday, when I told him that he could not go to his pawpaws house because he had been bad. I came so close to hurthing him, it is scary. The psychiatrist did tell me that he would get worse before he got better, but I don't know how much worse it can get. Please help. I feel so alone in this fight with him. I have never seen him this angry. It is kinda scary, if he is this bad so young it just makes me wonder how bad it will be in a few years.:whiteflag: I feel so defeated.

BusynMember

Adderrall made my son mean and aggressive. Do you think it could be that?
Has he ever seen a neuropsychologist? Are you convinced that ADHD is the right diagnosis or do you feel there may be more?

TerryJ2

Pleeze, what exactly did the psychiatrist tell you to do? Our child psychiatric suggested some things that did, indeed, make our son worse but it got better VERY soon after that. We just had to stand our ground. Can you explain what happened just b4 he started throwing furniture?

Jena

Hi

Im sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. Have you contacted pyschdoc regarding it continuing two days in a row?? It may very well be the medication. Was he this violent prior to the medication??

Is he coming into your space as well?

clisa99

losingxmyxmind
pleez

this is the same behavior i get from my 6 yr old lately. he even tried to turn the chair over in the Assist. principals office last week!

at home he normally locks the doors from the outside not before slamming them furiously, screaming at the top of his lungs and hurling things every which way. the walls in my apartment are very thin. i know everyone can hear him which freaks me out even more. i feel so embarrassed later in the day when i step outside!!

i have no advice for you because i can't control my own child yet but i totally understand and relate!!

SRL

I'd have reservations about a psychiatrist who told me it was going to get worse before it got better. What were his/her justifications for that statement?