I don't know what to do

flutterby

Fly away!
So, I have the colonoscopy on Monday. And tomorrow I have to do the prep.

My sx have slowly been getting better the last couple days - but it got better before. Not gone. Just tolerable.

Then something happened today that I'm not comfortable posting and now I don't know if I should be doing the test on Monday. My doctor is on vacation. Jerk doctor is on call and I don't trust anything he says. Urgent care was already closed and it's not ER worthy.

I am feeling better, in that I'm in *much* less pain. The other stuff hasn't changed any, but then this thing happened and I don't know what to do. I'm wondering now if there might be infection and I don't know if the prep would be safe.

Why do these things always happen on the weekend? And I swear to God, these things always happen on the days my doctor is not on call.

susiestar

Roll With It
Is it something you could pm to one of the ladies here who is a nurse? I don't know what happened, but if you want to pm me I would try to help figure out what is going on.

I hope things are ok, you have me very worried.

Josie

Could you call the on call doctor for the one doing the test?

We have a nurse line through our insurance that we can call after hours. Do you have anything like that?

flutterby

Fly away!
I didn't even think about calling the surgeon's number. I'll try that in the morning. If they're not in, I looked it up and Urgent Care opens at 9am. That gives me 3 hours before I have to do the magnesium citrate.

susiestar

Roll With It
My mom didn't have any other suggestions. The on call doctor or Urgent Care seems like your best option. Call me if you want/need to talk.

M

ML

I hope since you posted things are better and that you got some help. Thinking of you ox ML