I don't live well alone.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Don't get me wrong...I love my peace and quiet, but I still like having someone around. Hence, it's 3am AGAIN and I'm up.

Last night after I went to bed, I heard several cop cars on my street with sirens blaring. That's pretty unusual around here. Then, there is this LOUD thump on my outside bedroom wall. I freaked out. I literally sat in my closet under hanging clothes for an hour. What a stupid thing...like, who would find me there???:dont_know:

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Isn't that why you would sit in the closet? So no one would find you? I think you need your birds......can you foster any while you are living "alone"?

Andy

How long will you be alone? Maybe having a radio or t.v. on 24/7 will help?

On a side note (because I know you can handle humor):

Don't we count? How can you feel alone when you have us?
:rofl:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey

My mom asked me once why on earth easy child would prefer 3rd shift when she has to worry about 2 sitters for Darrin instead of just one. (one while working, the other while sleeping) sister in law also works 3rd shift.

So I explain...

Because that way she doesn't have to sleep with sister in law's shotgun loaded under her bed. easy child doesn't do well alone at night.

I'd be fine with no people around, but lost without my dogs.

Like Adrianne suggested, maybe the tv or raido on will help? Or a really loud fan??

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
Maybe it isn't so much that you don't do well at night -

Maybe it's more your body is trying to adjust to the fact that you don't have to be up at nights doing DJ shows or waiting on people to leave, then drive home.

It took almost 3 years for me to actually sleep more than 3 hours a night when I left DF. I had gotten so accustomed to cat napping, to be alert for when he came in, came back or started his BS - I was conditioned to nap and not sleep.

Without those DJ shows - or pending thoughts of DJ shows - your body doesn't know how to go to sleep.

And of course a thump on the bedroom wall is NEVER helpful......not for sleeping anyway. :tongue:

Did you ever get GPM to turn off the WWF?

(I'd threaten him with underpants) :surprise:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Naw, GPM got home about an hour ago and I can hear sports blaring. Geez...do you wonder why these guys are single??? Duh. Dorks.

I have one gig to do this Saturday...hopefully that will be my last, but a tricky one. Two levels of the Venetian, 2 or so hours of dance instruction, ceremony, then go down another level for the reception. Keep in mind I'm the ultimate kluz. Two hours of dance instruction???? Are you kidding???:embarrassed: Actually, how hard is it to learn the Macarena? Who knows the Cupid Shuffle?? ;) (I do.)

Abbey

Lothlorien

Never heard of the Cupid Shuffle. Where the heck is our video???? What happened to the liver dance video? What happened to our pictures of you in your donut ears?

I want visual!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Cupid shuffle...it's the hottest new group dance song.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RECftt-Cm4U"]YouTube - Cupid - Cupid Shuffle (video)[/ame]

Actually, this one is a better tutorial. These guys have a great time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJQKBk4oDr4"]YouTube - Cupid - Cupid Shuffle (Instructional Video)[/ame]

It's REALLY easy. If I can do it, anyone can. You have to listen a bit before they get into the dance part. The 'flair' is in the turn around. That's when people get nuts. I've seen people do hand stands, flips, etc.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey that looks like fun. :D

Except my cupid suffle will have to been done at home as I won't dance in public. :rofl:

KTMom91

I think I could manage it...several years of country line dancing has helped me pick up steps well enough to not get trampled. Looks like fun!

Star*

call 911........call 911
To the right to the right to the right to the right
To da left to da left to the left to the left
now kick now kick now kick now kick
now you walk it out uh now you walk it out -

Yeah I'm all over that -

SPIN ME SOME MORE GHADUP MOMMA!

FO shizzle my twizzle.

(THIS IS STARS DOG)

My Mom is totally mental and gone. She's dancing with the rat. I could do that shuffle dance -

Abbey

Spork Queen
You got it Star!!! It's all in the turn. That's when you show your STYLE.

Ok. I'm doing dance instruction for 3 hours? :rofl: Are they serious?? I have two bruised knees and one bruised hand from falling off a 3 inch porch. (I didn't know it was there.) Really.