I don't want to do therapy anymore

klmno

Hi, I think it might help to clarify with your therapist (a new one if you aren't comfortable with this one) that you need to start off just discussing some things that are bothering you first, before you get into parenting issues, if that is what will make you feel better. I'm not positive that is what you meant in your last post, but whatever it is you want to talk about in therapy - I think you should let them know that. I get tired of tdocs who put me on "their plan". Maybe I do need to work on X, but I'm there to deal with "P" right now. If they help me with P, I'll probably then listen to them about X. That's just me, anyway!!

klmno

I can understand- as I said- that is how I am. I'm not there for them to mold me into who they think I should be and it makes me feel that way when they push what they want to work on. How can they possibly know what I'm laying awake worrying about at 3:00 in the morning or if there is something that happened years ago that is still causing me a problem or anything else if they won't listen to why I'm there? I saw a couple of different ones, then sought out one that I just started with. I checked online to find her specialty areas so I think this might be a good fit. But, I've only seen her once and I was trying to speed through my history and difficult child's history and I think she has starteed assuming that I'm there to get help dealing with difficult child issues, which ultimately I am. However, there are some things standing in my mental way first, so I'm planning on telling her that next time I see her- or else I'll be here posting with the same frustration you have about it!!

JLady

A ship lost in the night
I guess I need to clarify things when I go back. I also set up an appointment for easy child 2 (15) because he seems to be frustrated by everything with difficult child. I found a therapist for difficult child too (I think). Guess I won't have any issues making my deductable next year! Like.. by the end of January!

Jena

hi

I know it's so hard, than the older one kicks up from the difficult child's behavior it's like a domino effect of sorts.

Hang in there, your doing a great job. :)

(((Hugs)))