I don't want to grow up....

F

flutterbee

Remember that Toys-R-Us song? 'I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys-R-Us kid....'

Whenever I'm having a particularly bad day, that song just starts playing in my head out of nowhere.

Hmmm....think my brain is using subliminal messages? :hypnosis:

I was just thinking about that song yesterday, but for a very different reason.

See, I was always the cut up, the class clown. When I was in high-school (twenty-some years ago), I took a German class. Our teacher was Frau (insert German last name that we could not remember nor pronouce) so we just called her Frau.

Anyways, another kid in the class and myself used to draw pictures of the Frau to try and make the other one laugh in class. I saved all those pictures.

So yesterday, Tink is at Matt's house. I am doing a slow burn, thinking about all my stuff that he put in storage and then lost because he never paid for it. Those pictures included (plus hundreds of other cartoons I had drawn).

ANYWAYS, I remembered that one of the pictures that the other kid drew was a collage of the Frau on a big wheel, the Frau on a hippity hop, the Frau on a pogo stick, the Frau on a unicycle...you get the idea. And across the top, the kid wrote "she's a toy's r us frau".

I laughed that day. I remember.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Great. Now I'm not gonna be able to get that song outta my head.:tongue:

Too funny about Frau BBk.

I used to doodle cartoons constantly in school, it made it so I was able to listen believe it or not. lol I wished I'd thought to save them. Some were awfully good and funny.

meowbunny

All I have to say is someone's gonna get ya for this thread and THAT song and if it ain't the big guy upstairs, it might just be me.

:why::targetpractice::not_fair::capitulate:

Star*

call 911........call 911
The wheels on the bus go round and round
Round and round
Up and down
The wheels on the bus go round and round
All day long in my head.....

Thanks WyntersGrace

Frau on a pogo stick huh? ORLY?