I feel good...

witzend

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling better about the holidays than I have in years. I know that they're not over yet, but it's like an enormous weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

I did see L at a group function Thursday night, and she gave me quite the cold shoulder. It bothered me at the time, and eventually she was forced to be polite as we were seated at a table together from time to time. But yesterday, I woke up and got over it. And I really haven't thought about it since.

jbrain

I'm so glad to hear you feel better, Witz! And to feel like that enormous weight has been lifted off your shoulders is wonderful! Sounds like you are doing the best thing you can do for yourself by not having to anticipate Christmas and all you dislike about it! You can have a great day doing nothing "special"!
Jane

trinityroyal

Witz, I'm so glad to hear that the Anti-Christmas is working out well for you. L will either lighten up, or not, and that's her choice. But it's wonderful that you're feeling so much better about things.

witzend

The way I figure it, even if she makes a big old stink this year, no one will be surprised next year, so this is a giant first step.

Also, M called to say that he does need the phone, and some socks. He said that L had called him fishing for info about whether he was mad about Christmas. He told her he wasn't in any position to do gifts this year.

everywoman

I am so proud of M for not letting L get him caught up in her drama! It seems he has done a lot of growing up in the past year---I'm also proud of you for not letting her "princess" attitude get to you.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Technically? Christmas IS about Peace :tongue:. (ducking the Maji) ----oh and by the way....just in case you have no clue about my bad little holiday habit. I wanted to use this perfect opportunity to enlighten you.

The year you had your bad holiday and de-decorated your home? It was the year the Dude was in the Group Home From Hades. There was no Christmas tree, there was no sanitation, no food - let alone any Christmas spirit & all of the counselors, psychiatrists, therapists and people in the know told ME to detach and allow him to suffer so that he would get the full effect of a holiday without all the trimmings. So he would really know what it was like to spend a Christmas without family. It was awful. Except for this board, and reading your post? I spent the entire holiday in the most dark depression I had ever succumbed to. Four solid days in bed, couldn't wait until work started. Nothing made me smile until I read you had kicked the manger across the room, and while I felt bad for you? Envisioning you having that sort of Holiday throw-down somehow in some twisted way gave me hope. Maybe it let me know I wasn't alone. I worried about you, I worried about the donkey in that manger set, I never before and never since have not had abundant Christmas spirit, and hence forward have made it my reminder by "re-homing" every single donkey, from every single manger set, scene, home, (yes...even my Sister, Niece, Mother :surprise:) friends, stores (I buy them), yard sales, thrift stores. I have quite a collection on my curio now - but every single one of them Witz - reminds me each time I buy one of that event, that time, and that I will never give up on being cheerful for both of us in my own heart (and stable). No matter what.

So thanks to you - I'm now a clepto-mani*** - as my Mom puts it. (I did not buy the donkeys from my Sister, Niece, or her. I just left notes saying their donkeys were being taken care of and could be returned for a small token of Christmas cheer. (So far the only one that wants theirs back is my Mom) :tongue:

Just thought you should know, and maybe it will make you laugh. Maybe it will bring more peace to your life. I also have a wonkey collection of dalmations that I find occasionally -nothing too extravagant - I keep those to remind me of snotty Bubba. :D

Hugs & Love
Star - the donkey nabber.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm glad you've found peace in the holidays Witz. L is a grown up who will have to learn to deal with her own feelings. She'll get over it.

(((hugs)))