I feel pregnant......

But of course, that would be impossible, since I had a hysterectomy 15 years ago (they left my ovaries). But I sure don't know what's wrong with me. I keep having these emotional crying spells and I feel like I did when I was pregnant with my kids.

Maybe my hormones are going crazy, but I honestly prefer to have 24 hours of crabbiness than these tearful, emotional breakdowns every other day. Anyone gone through that; going through that or "been there done that"? Is peri-menopause rearing its ugly head? Ugh :sad-very:

Lothlorien

Ask your physician to do some bloodwork. It could be perimenopause, but it could be a number of other things also.

If it's perimenopause, check with your local healthfood store guru. There are some really good supplements that could help with the ups and downs.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I agree that it's time to go see your physician to check this out. Fingers crossed that it's easily remedied!

Suz

witzend

Even though you've had your ovaries removed, you will still go through menopause. Hopefully your gynecologist can help you with some of these symptoms.

DammitJanet

LOL....first thing I thought of was...Oh gosh...maybe your having twins! I swear, even with a hysterectomy, they can do that these days! Just ask me when Im delusional...lol.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
It could be peri, you're the right age for it, but if it's something that's suddenly started; I'd address it with your doctor. Best to rule out any other causes.

I didn't get weepy for the most part with peri, but did get incredibly irritable for days on end...sort of like having continual PMS.

It is so strange, because I had gone to the doctor several months ago with some minor complaints and he handed me an rx for hormone replacements, but I was too afraid to take them and wanted to see if the symptoms passed. Some of my night sweating got better, but these over the top emotional crying jags are the pits. I am used to getting grumpy during "that time", which I can't even gauge since I don't have periods, so I just assume if I am grumpy, it is THAT time. But these weepy moments are quite ridiculous and completely out of proportion to any circumstance occuring at the moment I am set off.

Again, it reminded me of being pregnant, where you cry for virtually no reason. Argh.....women have to endure SO much......we have earned the right to wear witches' hats :witch: