I feel so bad

Lothlorien

Mighty Mouse had a class trip scheduled today, but he was throwing up yesterday and had a fever the day before. I just can't take the chance of sending him in today. He's been hysterical crying all morning. Help!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
If he's not still throwing up....

Maybe you could make a party at home for him?

You could make homemade play-dough together and break out all your baking utensils and make his favorite characters.

You could build a tent using blankets, etc., and bring all his favorite things inside and play. Or build it around the DVD and watch some funny movies together.

Chance a trip to the library to get some fun books/DVDs out, go home and make some popcorn and close up all the curtains and make it like a movie theater.

Bake some fun cupcakes and he can decorate them in any color frosting and/or disgusting decorations.

If he is still throwing up...

Hold him and let him cry and tell him you know how sad he is....just listen to him and let him know it's okay to be disappointed. He will eventually get past the moment and then have your arsenal of things to do.

I hate when things like this happen.

Mattsmom277

Aww poor pet. Sick is bad enough, missing a fun trip just hoovers on top of being sick.
Is this a trip to a place you could take him over summer on your own??? I wish I had more ideas, just wanted to send good thoughts. Its never easy for our kids to miss things they were looking forward to. I hope you find a way to help cheer the poor pet up !

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm sending you both lots of hugs. It really hoovers when a kid is sick, and then missing the trip on top of it...

Anyhoo, both of my kids swear by warm Sprite. I think it's awful but it seems to be the only thing that will settle their stomachs. Personally I like lukewarm tea and saltines. Occasionally ginger ale... Peppermint is supposed to help, too.

More hugs. I so understand!

Lothlorien

He's in better spirits now. I have to get a few reports done, but I think I will let him help make some brownies or something yummy when I'm done. Thanks for the ideas. I have to run to the library later, anyway. I went yesterday, but he fell asleep. He was really out of it last night. He seems like he feels just fine, so it's killing me that I didn't send him, but he seemed fine yesterday, until he got sick.....then he seemed fine again, until I had him sit down for dinner to eat some toast and he got sick without even touching any food.

It is a place that I can take him and I promised him that I would, but you know, it's not with his class and it's just not the same.

He has settled down, some. I let him play some computer games, so it took him mind off things, but I know it's going to come up again. I feel so bad, I just want to cry right along with him. I know how disappointed he must be.....especially since he seems to be feeling fine, now.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We had something similar happen to us in April. It's a awful feeling -- your heart makes you feel like such a bad guy even though your head knows it's the right thing to do.

This too shall pass...

Hang in there!

Lothlorien

He's happily munching on a chocolate cupcake that he decorated with Smarties, M&Ms and sprinkles. He has a chocolate mustache with milk on it. It's so funny to listen to him having a foodgasm!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am glad you are making his day a little better!

N was doing her usual tipping the huge barstool, that we sit on to eat meals, back well she finally got it all the way back and it fell over this morning!
I screamed for husband to catch her, he of course was oblivious to it!
She whacked her leg pretty bad.

I was so scared she was going to miss her little swim thing today with her "camp" group that she and K go to. It would have been a crying party as well...

Poor little guy I hope the cupcake stays down!

Mattsmom277

Sounds like although a few time sit hits him that he's missing out, he's managing his day okay. I'm glad its a place you can take him at a later day. It can't be the class obviously,but is there a friend maybe who could tag along to make it even more special???
I have a picture of him eating that cupcake. Even if he's sick later, he's enjoying it from sound of it. Good job mom :) :) Hope his bug goes away soon. Being sick hoovers.

Lothlorien

He kept breakfast and lunch down. He hasn't been sick at all today. I probably could have sent him, but why take a chance? I would have felt really bad had he gotten someone else sick.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry he had to miss his field trip but it sounds like you were able to make a special day of it for him.

lovemysons

Aww, poor lil guy. Glad he's feeling better today.

I think the suggestion to bring along a friend to this same field trip place is a good one.
And Wow, Jo had a TON of really good "feel good" ideas.

Tammy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Poor kid. :(

Sounds like you have it under control though. When you take him later you could always ask a few of his friends to join you to give the trip more of the classroom feel.

Hope he feels better soon.

Hugs

Abbey

Spork Queen
These days you can't trust just 'a cold.' You did the right thing and it seems that he is recovering physically and emotionally. It's hard to watch, though.

Abbey