I fell down...

KTMom91

Yesterday evening, while making dinner, I fell down in the kitchen. I don't know how it happened. I remember putting the canned breadsticks on the cookie sheet, and needing a knife to spread the garlic stuff on them, and the next thing I knew I was on the floor, trash can tipped, and my glasses all bent. Miss KT says she heard four loud thumps and screaming. My left knee is bruised and swollen, my left foot is bruised and swollen, I have a long narrow bruise across my chest (guess I hit the trash can), and a knot on my forehead (guess I hit the wall). Hubby took me to Urgent Care, nothing's broken, but my body hurts all over. I don't know what's wrong with me. I broke my left leg three years ago, falling, and I don't know how I fell that time, either. Did my knee give out? Did I black out? What is happening to me? We don't have insurance yet, Hubby's job is hopefully becoming permanent and then we'll have six more months after that before it starts up. I'm scared there's a serious problem.

dreamer

oh my goodnesss! Thats scary! You are right to be concerned. And I can relate to no insurance -with a fear like that on top of it.
I am sending you good thoughts.......and some cyber packs of frozen peas for all the bumps and bruises!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh my gosh, how scary. Could it be medication related? Have you changed anything? When I change mine or they are too high, I get dizzy... My Topamax makes me clutzy at higher doses, I dropped a knife on my foot 2 times last year... I have a huge scar on my big toe still.
I hope you can figure this out soon. Urgent care didn't think anything was up???

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Having done the no insurance thing too, I know it's not fun. Scarey indeed, just the fall itself. That you don't Remember the fall concerns me more.

Check with doctor and make sure it can't be medication related. If it isn't, then as soon as you have insurance you need to get into have a FULL exam. I'm thinking seizures with you not remembering your fall, but it could be several things.

And that's an awful lot of bruising to just simply fall down by the way.

If this is becoming a pattern, keep a diary on it til you can get to the doctor. (and make a special notation about that bruising too)

Hugs, I hope you feel better soon.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Blacking out can be a variety of reasons but they do need to check for seizures as Lisa mentioned,oxygen issues and cardiac problems. It's not easy to pinpoint without all the blood, EKG,EEG etc. I hope you can get insurance soon.

4sumrzn

Oh my...that's scary! I hope you can find a way to see if there's something extra going on....if you can't remember it. I agree.....keep track, write it down, everything to the actual minute. Sorry you hurt all over & hope you feel better soon!