I felt hatred toward my child today

flutterby

Fly away!
And I really can't/don't want to go into details right now. I'm too emotionally drained. Too stressed. Too sick of it all.

But, I just need to say that to someone who would understand.

M

Mamaof5

I've felt it - for both my 9 yr old and 4.5 yr old. Pure rage and hatred, resentment, emotional, disgust, hurt and most of all heartbroken, guilt, shame toward myself, the why does it feel like I'm a crappy mom all the time, depression, even confusion (why do they do what they do, don't they care, don't they think before they do it, say it).

My 4.5 yr old has illicit some pretty crazy feelings of pure rage out of me at times. The 9 yr old less frequently. BIG BIG HUGS. When you are ready on your own terms you will be able to vent fully about it and we will be here to listen.

wakeupcall

Sometimes hugs aren't enough, but it's all we can offer at any given time. I understand every word you typed....I feel that way more days than not. It might help when you can dump it all off on us...we're here to listen.

Jody

I have been there so many days. Hang on. Tomorrow you might have a whole different outlook. Sometimes it would take me days though to get over something really bad. Last time we had a major blowout she bit me and that was like the worst I ever felt about her. Many hugs, hope tomorrow is a better day!!!

mog

I understand -I too have felt this. One thing that one of difficult child's therapist said to me one time is that she does not understand why I rally so hard for difficult child especially with the love/Hate relationship that we have. At the time I was offended and defended that I love difficult child and don't haate him but as the years have passed I can see now what she saw then.---Hugs to you