I Finally Broke Down

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
And turned the furnace on. It's a whopping 45 degrees today, you know that wet (rain too) type of cold that goes right to your bones.

It's only mid october. I never turn on my heat this early. Well, ok, once I did.......but that was also the winter from hades........and I'm still hoping that this won't be.:faint:

susiestar

Roll With It
We had to turn ours on last week. With the kids and colds we had to turn it on when the weather hit 50 for the high.

Sorry you had to turn it on too.

DammitJanet

I swear I want to. Its 53 right now here. I literally had my AC on not 4 days ago...if that! I refuse to turn the heat on without having at least a few weeks without nothing being on...lol. I got out my sweats instead and have my blankets all around me.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh go cut wood........:mad: I'm still in shorts praying for snow. Someone PLEASE tell me I can move North and let me sell my Plantation. Ralllllay I want ta Move Rhett...Rhaaaaallly I want to be freezing with those Yankeees. :tongue:

DammitJanet

Star...you cannot be in shorts! It is 52 degrees right now! Good grief! Plus its raining! By the way...I want your 26/28's. LOL.

muttmeister

I've had my heat on too and it makes me mad as :censored2: I cannot afford to run the heat in October; I need to be saving my money for the heat bill I'll have in January. This is ridiculous; it is supposed to be in the high 60s here this time of year and right now it is 39 and rainy! I don't run my heat much; even the dogs have been sleeping under the covers. It is supposed to be warmer this weekend; I hope they know what they're talking about.

Wiped Out

Staff member
We have had ours on for about two weeks. I hate it! Usually it's November before I break down but this cold has been chilling to the bone. As I write this I am under a bunch of blankets.

flutterby

Fly away!
I've had mine on for at least a week...maybe more. It's been down in the 30's at night. Even with the heated mattress pad and the heat, I was cold.

I don't know how you stood it so long.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I don't know how you stood it so long.

Easy. I froze my tuckus off. lol

You know how some houses will heat up during the day due to the sun? Ours isn't one of them. So if it gets cold during the nite......it stays cold. When I turned on the oven and it didn't help at all...............I knew it was time.

Still makes me furious. This is supposed to be a big bills saving time for us.......October and into November. Turning the heat on in mid October is ridiculous.

But they're calling for snow flurries and snow showers over the weekend.

In sept I stopped using the window fans..........The beginning of sept. That should've been a sign. :faint:

Star how on earth are you hot? I may just have to retire in SC. lol

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OH, by the way..........

My winter coat is in the washer. I plan on wearing it tomorrow.

Weird bleeping bleeping weather!!!!

tiredmommy

Ours went on yesterday. We are fortunate that we have a "warm" house in the colder months, all the baking and laundry I've done recently held us off until now. We set the thermostat for 62F and wear sweaters.