I finally got a job....whoopie

Abbey

Spork Queen
I start on Friday at the same place that H works. (Yes, Star... don't even go there) Hey, it's a job. I don't know how to bake a damn thing, but they hired me anyways. The first time they ask me to decorate their daughter's birthday cake should be interesting. Would you like cursive or print? Oh, geez. At least I won't have to wear a kilt.

Abbey

trinityroyal

Great news Abbey.
I wonder...can you incorporate some sort of theme days into the job, with appropriate attire?

Somehow I'm imagining you could have a great deal of fun with that...

Trinity

DammitJanet

They hired you to bake cakes and decorate them but you dont know how? Oh gawd! I certainly couldnt do that...I cant do it at home. Im a disaster with those little cans. Maybe its easier with those bags?

'Chelle

Congrats on the job. Don't worry, it'll be a piece of cake. ;) It's not that hard to learn, both my sisters learned to do it and make beautiful cakes. Good luck

Abbey

Spork Queen
I think ultimately they want me to be a demo lady again, but it has to go through the chain of corporate. This is a shoe in...but scary cakes will have to go in front. I'll probably be putting sporks or donkeys on some little girl's birthday cake.:tongue:

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Sporks riding Donkeys!

You can dress up the sporks and put them on the Donkeys! Heck I would buy that!
Put the little Sporks in Kilts! Tilted of course.
I am happy for you. Regardless of what Ms. Star* says.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Great news Abbey.
I wonder...can you incorporate some sort of theme days into the job, with appropriate attire?

Somehow I'm imagining you could have a great deal of fun with that...

Trinity

DO NOT GET HER STARTED TRINITY -

and you??? I'll talk to you later......yes, yes it's a job.

Oh and FYI - my 40th birthday - the cake had Donkey on it - and it said -

Happy Birthday you SEXY beast.......

The girl almost didn't put the tip in the bag........

I was delighted.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Just incase you get some spare time

http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...&sigi=11gegv2e8&sigb=134kg03kb&sigh=11dpsq3mk

send me something -

Star*

call 911........call 911
http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...&sigr=127ejbvbk&sigi=126jn6ju7&sigb=12tgrpd6q

this would work.......:tongue:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Don't get ME started? You're filling me with ideas, hon. I can see it right now...a snorking donkey with a huge spork on it whipping his arse. Let's go!!! ( Insert many sporks in the background cheering them on...):tongue:

I might not last long at this job.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL

Abbey, cake decorating isn't supposed to be all that hard. My nephew's wife learned how to do it......and she said it wasn't bad. I haven't tried it much myself. I can't bring myself to waste that much icing to try. lol ;)

I'd imagine you could incorporate some awfully fun costumes into this job if they'd let you. :D

I won't say anything about working with husband. If I did, mine would be dead within 24 hrs.

Hugs

Abbey

Spork Queen
Unfortunately, the bakery department is right next to H's. His boss asked me if I'd like to pick up some hours there, but he has to check and see if it's against store policy to have people related to you in the same department. PLEASE, PLEASE say it's against policy. You might find somebody frozen in the freezer because they couldn't get the door open. (I'm slinking away...)

Abbey