I finally have a diagnosis!

flutterby

Fly away!
Myasthenia Gravis it is.

It's such a relief to be able to start treating something. I'm looking forward to getting my life back!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Flutter,

What a long road, and what a sense of closure this must be for you. For us all I think. I can't say this is something that is good per se, but like you told me when I had no idea this was even on the table as a diagnosis...it would be good to know, so there could be some sort of treatment regiem begun for your pain. I'll tell you what though....for all those other doctors that put you through the hell they did? (insert unkind things here) How awful this has been for you and your family. I haven't read about MG and don't know anything about it, but I do look forward to learning first hand from you about the treatments. I certainly already know about the journey of pain, and I'm so glad you know what this is and can start dealing with it proactively.

Many hugs for better days to come.

Much love,
Star

Marguerite

That is really good news - now you know why you've been feeling tired and weak. Now you can begin treatment.

mother in law has had myasthenia in some form since her late teens. She's been on Mestinon for the last 30 years. Still lives in her own home at 86.

Once you get the medication dose sorted out and stabilised, you will feel such a difference! Be careful of alcohol, though, especially if you're out in public. mother in law's face goes blotchy and red if she drinks even a small amount.

Take your pills then get your jogging shoes on!

Marg

Mattsmom277

You can now move on to treating this and I hope to be reading posts soon that you are feeling much better!!! Whew! What a path you've been on

klmno

Wow! I have no idea what that is but am glad you have a diagnosis that you believe is accurate and you can start doing something to actually help it now. Here's to a smooth and quick road to feel better!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Well, it feels funny to say "congratulations" over news like this - but it does feel like something worth celebrating. I am so happy to hear that you FINALLY have an answer and now can get on to the business of healing...

What a relief!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I just want to hug you!!! I am so happy that at least you have some direction on this road now...

DDD

Now you can face off with the correct issue. I'm sure you'll find the best way to combat the problems. Best of luck.
DDD

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
It does feel strange to say congratulations for receiving a diagnosis. It makes me furious that it has taken so long! Isn't it validating to have a professional acknowledge what you knew all along, that something was wrong!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thank God! It's about time!!! Now that they know what it is treatment can begin and the quality of your life can begin to improve. ((((hugs)))) So relieved and glad this has finally come together for you heather!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
HALLELUIAH!!!! It is about dang time!!! I hope and pray that treatment works and you are up and into everything again very soon.

It is such a relief to know your problems have a name and a specific course of treatment!!!!!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}