I finally kicked my unstable 20 yr old son out of my house

Echolette

. It's so sad that when I go and take a shower, I have to remind him not to open or go to the door if someone knocks. But he's so smart, he understands. I was in the shower last night and I could faintly hear my dog barking (we keep her in the house), and she only does that when someone is very near or at our front door. I freaked out and thought maybe it was difficult child trying to get in, so I jumped out of the shower, shampoo still in hair and getting in my eyes to open the door and yell out if all was okay. He said "Yes mom, he's not here"
That story just breaks my heart, with that awful hollow thud we all get sometimes when we think of our difficult children. I know that feeling so well. My boys would leap off the couch, or out of bed and walk through the house to protect me if they thought they heard a sound. I would lie in bed with my heart pounding, hearing sounds on the street. It is awful. And yet...it is. And so often, as with you, they aren't there anyway?
What does that part say?
I'm gonna have to think about that myself.
I just wanted you to know that I am checking in.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Thinking about you WF, hoping today was a little better. Your shower scene was so real and visual, I could feel that old panic that we all feel about our difficult child's.............geez.............we're here for you, you're not alone............hang in there, and continue enjoying your little one.........I could just imagine him saying, "It's ok Mom, it isn't him." My mothers heart just melted at that response..........sending big hugs WF............

Gives a whole new meaning to the "shower scene" in a horror movie, ha. Thank you for thinking of me :) Job was like a madhouse today, but it kept me from dwelling and wondering how difficult child is doing over at my parent's. I haven't called to ask and I think they know I don't really want any updates right now. All is well.. ready for the weekend. If only it weren't so darn cold!

Warm hugs--

DDD

Although I have not walked in your shoes I totally felt as if I were inside your skin when I read your post. There is no doubt that your love is deep, your awareness is heightened and perhaps the collective wisdom of the CD family has been able to trigger your protective actions. We are not collectively a "happy" group but I am a devoted Mod because we are an HONEST group. I felt your emotions. I will pray that your difficult child finds the right path. Meanwhile, you have every right to be proud...because your love based decisions were right on. Hugs. DDD

Thank you DDD! I can't tell you what a blessing it was for me to find this website, and at just the right time. I no longer feel so alone and I it really made me feel empowered in the decisions I've had to made. Hopefully my difficult child will get it together as a result, but whatever happens, I know i did my best and it's in his hands now.

Hugs--