I found a place to live

meowbunny

I'm not sure whether I'm happy or sad. I hate the place I'm in right now. I can't afford the rent. The appliances are barely working. My original plan had been to rent for a year and then buy something but my surgery last November took care of that one. Folks, if you have to give up every luxury you have, get yourself health insurance. The alternative is really too heartbreaking!

Anyway, the new place is TINY (784 square feet). I moved from a 4-bedroom home with family room and den that I loved to a 2-bedroom "villa." Now, I'm moving to a 2-bedroom singlewide manufactured home. I can't believe I'm moving down like this. It doesn't feel right. I have no idea how to fit my things into this new place. I'm not even sure I'll be able to make the rent but I'll give it all a good ole girl scout try.

At least it is a place to live and it's not an apartment. It has a screened lanai for the cats. It is fully furnished, up to and including everything for the kitchen (which I hate -- I'll have to pack up all of their stuff because I like my kitchen things). The one major plus is that it includes a golf cart, which really is the major mode of transportation around here. So, the cats will be happy. I have a roof over my head that has privacy and that's what counts right now.

M

ML

With your creativity you can create a beautiful place for yourself to blossom. Enjoy the wonderful things that will come from this transition. Hugs, ML

ctmom05

Try not to let your emotions move into your new home before you do.

Personalizing the place will help make you more comfortable.

Ooops, I forgot the hug ((( )))

susiestar

Roll With It
It is hard to move "down" but simplifying your life by simplifying your possessions can be satisfying. The new place will be wonderful because YOU live there. Sending (((((HUGS))))))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Don't know where you live, but if the weather is still nice you could take this opportunity to "downsize" your possessions and rake in some cash once you move into the new place. Said cash could either be tucked away into a savings account, used to pay bills, or to help make the new home more Yours than theirs. And it also leaves less for you to have to store away. Which can be a major pain.

I do this with every move. Much to packrat husband's frustration. lol But it helps tons. I even did it when we moved into this house 5 yrs ago although we were moving up. You'd be shocked at the amount of junk that can be collected over just a few years time.

I've moved down, and I've moved up. Moving down stinks, we moved into a dump once just to get the heck out of an apartment for once and for all. It was cramped, tiny, and looked like heck from the outside. But it had a huge yard, the kids could finally have a dog again, and I discovered that once I made the inside look how I wanted it to, it became "home". And was for 5 yrs. We were squished, but happy there much to my surprise. That whole Privacy thing means alot.

Congrats on the new place. Try not to discourage yourself before you move in. It may turn out much better than you think until you move up again.

(((hugs)))

DammitJanet

I think I know about where you live because my grandmother lived in that state almost until she died. I saw many of those small mobiles down there and they can be very nice. Im assuming you are in a park or a neighborhood because of the cart.

It will be hard for a time to adjust. Make this place as much your own as you can. Dont think of this as moving down...think of it as getting a place at the beach!

Many hugs Meowbunny! I know you will make your new place uniquely yours.
Actually, I envy you your downsizing. I shudder to think how that's going to be for me.
No matter how hard I try, extra possessions appear daily at our house. I think that it would be so liberating to get rid of 95% of it all!

KTMom91

I understand what you mean, meow. I did a major downsize when I moved to my house...about 600 square feet and tons of closet space. It's amazing what you find that you really don't need to keep. Glad you found somewhere to live, just make it your own and it should be fine. Many hugs.

Jena

hi,

i know exactly what you mean and downsizing can be very hard on the heart. Yet as the others have said with your level of creativity you can add your own personal touch, and it does sound very nice.

I'm glad that you have a new home I wish you lots of luck. As someone else had suggested maybe a garage sale would be in order or a yard sale if there are certain items that you do not want to bring.

hugs to you

:)