I found this and thought it was an interesting concept

susiestar

Roll With It
I know many of our older kids (and some younger ones) are experimenting with sex or have steady lovers.

This came up on a search for gloves. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7909760

It just sounded like something some of our kids would think was funny or useful. (I still remember visiting a boyfriend's parents years before husband. He went to pull something out of his wallet and trojans came out and landed on the floor in front of his mom. VEry embarrasing then, funny now!)

I do not mean to offend anyone, just thought it was an interesting product.

F

flutterbee

Kids? Experimenting?

*sticks fingers in ears*

La la la la la la.....I can't hearrrrrr youuuuuuuu. :faint:

I'm so not ready for that.

susiestar

Roll With It
Heather, I know the feeling. But it happens in every generation. And now it can kill. So if it makes the kids use protection more, I am all for it.

F

flutterbee

Oh, I know it happens. I had my son 6 days after I turned 18.

My kids are all informed many times over.

But, I like it here in my world. :D

Marguerite

I think that's a really good idea. Even in the wrapper, condoms can degrade when kicking around in someone's pocket for too long. Keys, coins etc can wear holes in the wrapper (and contents!) which is just not safe.

Heather, you could buy some felt and embroidery cotton now, begin sewing now so you can give one each to your kids (filled, of course). Not only will your kids be safe, but getting a gift like this from their mother would really put a crimp in any of their plans to become sexually active.

About the time AIDS awareness was beginning to turn from scare-mongering to sensible, I remember my very trendy sister (also very married sister) wearing a gold antique-looking case around her neck. It looked like it could contain a small pair of those old-fashioned gold-rimmed specs, made up as reading glasses. I asked her what the case was, she said it was a condom case. She wasn't carrying any in her case, she didn't need them, but liked the old-fashioned appearance and the gold. By the look of it, hers would have held two condoms, side by side.

Some years ago (a year before I had difficult child 3) husband & I were wandering around Sydney, in Oxford St (think - Soho). It's that part of Sydney which lit up pink and rainbow last night for the Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras. One very fashionable shop was very enjoyable to browse (but expensive!). I noticed some round silver discs at the counter, apparently to be worn as pendants. When I asked what they were the young man behind the counter squirmed, I think he was embarrassed to have an older, female, person ask. "It's for carrying a condom in," he finally showed me. "You can flip the case open like this. That way you won't be caught without, you will be able to be safe and ensure your partner is safe." He glanced at husband - both men now beginning to look embarrassed.

Then I REALLY put my foot in it. Thinking of my sister's case for two condoms, I said, "But what if you want more than one condom with you? What if you want to carry a few more?"

husband dragged me out of the store. "What does it say about you," he explained, "to be wanting to carry multiple condoms on ONE night out? And what does it say about me, that you felt you had to ask that question?"

I got the point.

Marg

Abbey

Spork Queen
Marg...that has to be one of the best stories.:D

First of all, I've never heard of a condom case.

Secondly, I can only imagine the look of the guy's face when you quizzed about two.

Lastly, I can only imagine your husband's face.

Thanks for the first good laugh of the day!

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wonder how it would look to have 50 - Getting Lucky holders on a key chain and not own a car or have a drivers license yet.....???

....not MY kid.....lol....

meowbunny

Condom cases have been around for a long, long time. A dear friend who is now in her 80s has a collection of them. One actually holds 5. During the Napoleonic era, they were carried by men and women. The women's cases were quite pretty with butterflies and the like on them. The men's were usually engraved. Casanova was said to have one that held 7!

And, Marg, your hubby should be proud that you think he's still desirable enough that you want him more than once a night and that he can still perform more than once. The bloke should have been grinning from ear to ear.

Lothlorien

Marg, that's a riot! I would think that husband would be happy that you were just about bragging about his verility!

'Chelle

Marg, you were totally right to ask. What about those rare and wonderful nights were it's so good you're willing and able to have an encore performance. Silly husband should have taken it as a compliment to his skill and desirability. :bag: LOL

Star*

call 911........call 911
I know......I know Loth......TO THE CORNER!

(author notes that she gets into more trouble responding to Marg's posts lol)

Marguerite

husband is a great guy, but VERY shy especially about talking about our sex life with other people. It was my total puzzlement at other people apparently stopping at one that embarrassed him so publicly. As I said to him at the time, he needn't worry, we were unlikely to cross paths with that particular young man again. Besides, he probably "batted for the other team".
"That's the problem!" husband was saying. "It felt like you were my pimp!"

He did laugh about it, afterwards. I think he was more scared what I might have said if he hadn't dragged me out of there...

From the descriptions, I suspect my sister's condom case was an antique. She always did have a knack for finding unusual and old things. I think she has passed the 'antique-finder's gene" on to easy child 2/difficult child 2.

Marg