I got a GREAT deal at a yard sale today

TerryJ2

This may be addicting ... I bought a leaded crystal vase for $1. I don't usually get deals that good.
Every spring, I go to yard sales and buy cheap vases, because I cut flowers and give them to people and then I don't have to worry about never getting the vase returned. (99% of the time, people forget.) Every now and then, I find a vase I actually keep.
Today was one of those days.
:cheers:P.S. It's heavy enough to hit difficult child over the head with, if I need to. :)

Tiapet

Old Hand
One of my fondest memories is yard saleing (I know, not really a word) with my grandmother when growing up. It didn't matter where were or when. I'd spend summers with them and often that included somewhere out of state camping. I'd be looking through the books, she'd be looking for bird figurines to collect. One particular memory I recall, though not sure why only this one is so vivid, I got a pair of heels that my mom was not happy about (even more surprising is that gmom was the one that was picky on dress codes), a book that really was more mature then I should have been reading (gmom had no clue), and gmom got a beautiful bluejay musical figurine.

I'm so glad that yard sales haven't gone by the way side in this day and age with all the technology of ebay, craigslist, and such. I believe they are so much more then about the "sale" or "bargain" that can be found. It's about memories too.

buddy

I might need to borrow that vase....I dont have any flowers but the other use sounds promising.....LOL

TerryJ2

LOL, Buddy!
Chances of difficult child getting me flowers for Mother's Day are slim to zero. He'll get me a card that husband picks out. :)
I make difficult child go into the store and pick out cards for husband, to make him go through the process. I can only hope it leaves a good impression. Sigh.