I got a Kindle!

KTMom91

My mother in law knows how much I love to read...so she got me a Kindle!

Perfect timing, since my Sony e-reader just croaked. Now we're going through the set up process. I'm so excited!

:reading:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Kewl!!!!

Travis seems to love his Nook.....................first thing he said was great no more trying to read off his phone. lol And easy child got him all the accessories. :)

Have fun with it. I'm not sure I'm ready to give up normal books yet.

Nancy

KTMom hope you enjoy it as much as my husband does his.

HD my husband said the same thing when he first got his but it only took about an hour to make him love it and not miss holding a book at all.

Nancy

buddy

We gave my mom one last year and my nephew got one this year... with the 3g in it. Today he bought scrabble and we played together. My mom loves hers. I think of all of them it is the easiest on the eyes but they both do NOT have the touch version and it is a pain to use the arrows to navigate.

For both of them, for some reason the set up took a few tries but once done, no problems at all.

DammitJanet

Mary, if you want some tips on getting some books easier PM me. Billy has found a site to get some books. I gave him the Kindle Fire this year and he loves it. He never puts the thing down...lol. I think I am gonna save up over the year and buy myself the Nook Tablet and have Tony wrap it up for me for next Xmas. LOL. Then next year I can get Keyana the Kindle that talks. She will be old enough for the one that speaks.

Lothlorien

Congrats! My parents got Missy one too. I've had one for a few months and I really like it, but I do most of my reading through audiobooks.

InsaneCdn

I'll consider an eReader, when they make them so you can... use a highlighter pen, put 10 different sticky-note-shapes all over the pages (and then write on the sticky notes)... and include at least 25 bookmarks PER BOOK.

I'm a paper book reader.

Even though in real life I work almost entirely in the tech world, when it comes to books... I ain't goin' there.

Glad you enjoy YOURS, though... makes more work for techies like me!
<grin>

Kathy813

Staff member
I love my Kindle!! I got the 3G version last Christmas and I take it everywhere . . . including vacations. I was a hard core book reader and wasn't sure I would like the electronic version but it is even better. I can change the size of the font (for my aging eyes) and hold it in one hand while I am laying in bed which is great for my arthritis. I even bought the Amazon cover that has a built-in light which is great for reading in bed when husband is sleeping. It also came in handy on my overnight flight back from Hawaii last summer.

Now that I can get books from the library, it's even better! I just wish that there was a greater choice of books available through the library but I think that will improve in time.

I think that you will love it, too. Welcome to the Kindle club!

~Kathy

DammitJanet

You can highlight words and passages, put stickies in places and write on them and all that other lovely stuff...or at least I can on my pandigital.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
We bought difficult child the kindle fire this year! She loves it. I have a Nook, the first generation, so it's basically just a reader (going on line is horrible, but you can). Since I got the iPad, however, I downloaded the nook app and read my books on there instead. I do love the size of the readers, it's perfect for just slipping in your bag to take anywhere!

Enjoy it!