I got a promotion!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
HR guy calls me into his office. I immediately revert to a scared kid who has to see the principal.:surprise:

He asked if I was interested in being the team leader for the sales floor staff of about 100 on any given day. All I really do is walk around the store constantly and make sure the sales staff are doing what they're supposed to be doing. He said he likes how I interact with customers and thought it would be a better placement for me. Heck yeah, I'd LOVE to do that. So, starting next week I'm doing half flow team to train my replacement and half sales floor. Kind of weird hours...2pm til midnight but that beats getting up at midnight to go to work.

I have to work 3 straight weeks of full time hours to be officially full time...with benefits!!!

I'm so excited.:cutie_pie::cutie_pie::cutie_pie:

I can't wait to tell the old cronnies on the flow team that I'm leaving. I want someone to take a photo of their faces. They will NOT be happy.:byebye:

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well howdy-doo!!!
You so ROCK!!!
I think you should bring the camera in and set them up for a photo and when you about to take it spring the news on them. CLICK! LOL
:jumphappy::woohoo::yourock::picture:

CONGRATULATIONS

DammitJanet

Way to go Abbey! Maybe you can do demo work again...lol. Go in your costumes..lmao.

While your walking around you can catch all those evil shoplifters too. You know the ones, our difficult child's...lol.

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha, Janet. I thought it was so funny today as on the walkie they made all the team leaders aware that there were a secret shopper in the house. She's carrying a clipboard and looking for people to greet her. I notify my staff, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking...she can't be that secret if they know who she is. Who carries a clipboard as a secret shopper?

Found her, asked if I could help her find something and she asked for cell phone batteries. Ack. Not my side of the store. I walk her back to electronics hoping to pawn her off to some other team member, not going to happen.

Found the batteries, then asked if there was anything else I could help her find. Well, she had a list. Double Ugh.

So we shopped back and forth through the huge store as I'm watching my watch. You do NOT want to go overtime putting on the 'I'm so friendly, helpfull' game face. Overtime is a BIG no no.

I'm glad the day was done.

Abbey

Audrey

Sounds like a challenge and a fun day too, actually. (I'm a newbie on this forum, but congratulations on your new promo!)

susiestar

Roll With It
What a smart HR person, to know you will do this job very well!!!

Congrats!!!!!!! Proud of you!!

on the other hand, what a STUPID way to set up a "secret" shopper. I have done some secret shopping and that is NOT the way to do it!!

Their problem, you did a great job helping her!

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha, Susie. I thought the same. I guess in this neck of the woods they don't have a huge influx of secret shoppers so they get to know them quite well. Now, walking around with a clip board while you're writing stuff down is a red flag. It's either corporate, a secret shopper or someone who is more organized than life.

Audrey...welcome to the board!!! There are a few of us who are a bit nutso, but we're a lovely bunch. Just so you know, some of us have corners that we have to hide in as we can be a bit naughty at times. Actually, it's become quite a party. (I'm looking left and right and not seeing any of my corner roommates. You're being too good. That is scary.)

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Woot! Woot!! :D :D

HUGE congrats Abbey! Awesome news!!

Ohhhhh, I soooooooo hope this will develop into you getting to wear your costumes again. ;)

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha...unless it is kacki and red I don't think they'll go for that. They're a tad anal about that. It's funny, I've seen more than once a customer come in with kacki pants and a red shirt and other customers asking them for help. I guess it's their signature.

I do have a blinging bejeweled red shirt with the Target dog on it. Everyone loves it.

Abbey