I got an interview!

TerryJ2

with-Trader Joe's, in the art dept.
It is ridiculous to think that I can pay a whole lot toward difficult child's kazillion dollar tuition for the mtns in NC, but maybe it will be enough to fill in the cracks and keep husband on the same page.
Wish me luck for 10 a.m. tomorrow.
And wish me luck that I'm not too old to hold up to the rigors of this job. I cleaned 3/4 of difficult child's room and my hamstrings are driving me buggy. :bloodshot:

Tiapet

Old Hand
Coming in late on this so I assume it's over. I hope it went well! :) I didn't know Trader Joe's had an art dept? I thought it was just a food store, at least the one we've been to.

TerryJ2

Thank you all. So far, so good. It was very interesting and entertaining. The interview was upstairs, accessed by a pull-down ladder, and through a rectangular hole in the ceilng! LOL! I have no idea how they got all those posters and boards up there.
It is NOT the Hilton, lol!
There were two interviewers; the mgr, who has been there 19 yrs, and someone else who has been there 5 yrs.
Now I'm nervous about the time commitment, and how to work it out with-difficult child and keeping him out of trouble.
Arrgh.
Tiapet, yes, they have the "sign department." Next time you go to a Trader Joe's, look up at the walls and you'll see cartoon type pictures of anything from sailors to grapes. That would be my job. Plus, they want me to learn the cash register, and to work in the walk-in freezer room. I'm all for a team effort, but I'm concerned that if I'm working less than 50% of the time doing art or sign work, it may not be worth it. I have to give it a lot of thought. They said they'd had people there who had only stayed 2 wks because they didn't realize how much other work was involved. I personally don't think it's the world's smartest system but then, I don't own it. It's an affiliate of a German company, which bought it 30 yrs ago from an American (I looked it up after I got home). :)
I'll find out in a wk or two.