I Got My "Moment" !!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I have posted before about difficult child's diet. If it's not sugar - she doesn't eat it. She typically starts her day with a large cup of hot cocoa (with extra whipped cream, of course) or a big cup of fancy coffee with all the creams....and won't eat or drink else anything all day...then come home complaining of a headache .

Today was the ROTC event. As per usual, difficult child had her sugar for breakfast, and nothing more...

So she nearly passed out at the ceremony.

I didn't know if went to the nurses office or what happened....so I went to go look for her.

And I found her sitting in a corner all alone, feeling sick and miserable....

and who was there for her?

MOM!

And of course I rushed in to make sure she was OK - and a passing teacher asked if there was anything he could do....so I sent him for Gatorade. And I sat with her while she drank and we talked about what happened and we talked about not eating a real breakfast and she asked me Did I see _________? and Did I notice ____________? What did I think of _____?

And after she was feeling better I walked her to the cafeteria and gave her a big hug - and she smiled and told me she'd see me later...

And I got in my car and was so happy about being able to be there for her that I cried all the way home!

It's a strange situation to be so happy about....but then, being the parent of a difficult child is a strange adventure.

I know you understand...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
SWEET!!!

Once in a while... It works out! I hope she files this away, remembers it sometime when she is thinking no one cares... Or when she sees you in the crowd and starts to go to a friend and then stops and thinks, "hmm, she is there AGAIN"...

TerryJ2

Oh my gosh! I am so glad you were there. Whew.
What an odd series of events, but how well it worked out!
d*G, I hope that she learns from this.
Here's a tissue for your tears. :) :consoling:You've done well.
:congratualtions:

InsaneCdn

Terry, bacon is too much work for somebody. But... a pepperoni stick? You'd be surprised at the diff a bit of protein makes!

cubsgirl

Congratulations and enjoy. You know, sometimes I think parents of typical teen's don't get to enjoy as many "special" or "proud" moments as the parents of difficult children - who are always grateful for even the tiniest sliver of progress :)

buddy

I soooooo get it! Yipee! !!

I remember saying how great it felt that Q wanted me by him....even holding his hand during a blood draw. Such a little thing but it was huge ....he was 15!

I'm really glad you were there. It pays off once in a while!!!! ( I think it really pays off for them every time even though they may not say or show it.....)