I got stuck on a "reality" show last weekend...... Bridezillas

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have a new idea for a reality TV show that would shock you WORSE than bridezillas.....(you know the entitled, bratty behavior et al)

CD BOARD MOMS and their difficult child's - a day in the life of 'entitled, bratty, misbehaved, over the top children. Each week they could feature just ONE of us - living with our kids.

Then at the end of the show? They could have someone like Marlo Thomas or Sally Field come on and talk about the severity and necessity of BIRTH CONTROL.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(afterthought)

Sales of contraceptives would go through the roof. (note to self) Contact Trojan with my idea.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt turned that show on again this morning ~ she was bored & PCA wasn't scheduled until noon. Another group of spoiled, entitled women.

I remember planning my wedding - making sure we stuck to a reasonable budget, my bridesmaids could afford & look good in a dress they could use more than once.

If anything my wedding day was anything but perfect ~ my attitude during the planning (long distance planning) was it's just one day, it's not the marriage, the promises made to each other during the ceremony. I came with a sense of humor & enjoyed my day.

busywend

Linda, that is me - whatever will be, will be. I have no expectations of perfection. That would be just silly.

I did buy a beautiful dress, highly encouraged by my sister & my mom. I think because it looked so pretty on me. They just kept saying, "you have waited a long time for this, so do it up!".

Everything is scaled back since we did not want to go into debt over one day. But, it is still pretty traditional. Right down to the Italian cookie tray!

DammitJanet

Wendy...now dont you want to spend more on the wedding than your first house, two cars and difficult child's college fund all at once? LOL.

When I hear how much some of these people spend on weddings I just about choke. I would rather get married at the courthouse and buy a real house!

busywend

I was so excited when my 'do it yourself' invitations were on sale for $15 a box - I need 3 boxes. To order them would have been $400!!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
My dad encouraged his 3 daughters to elope ~ offered us a top of the line ladder & enough $$$ for a down payment on a house. Now that I think of it, I wish I had taken him up on it...:)

Married too late & husband & I paid for the wedding ourselves.