I got the coolest new cell phone.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I swear cell phones are one of the most purposely disposable items in the world ~ along with computers & most all electronic items today.

Saying that, my cell phone of almost 4 years died last week. I used my husband's old phone (same brand, same phone exactly) which died a few days later.

So I got online & ordered an unlocked phone - I refuse to be under contract to a cell provider anymore.

I found this new phone that is working well for me & I no longer carry my PDA (which I dearly loved & used for at least 12 years).

It's a Nokia E75. Love this thing & hope to use it for at least another 4 plus years, if not longer.

It has a software suite just like my PDA; it's a manageable phone with a regular keyboard that I can actually use. I bought it from Amazon to support this site.

AND it's red. I seem to be stuck on the color red of late.

I'm having way to much fun learning & using this thing. I'll get over the thrill of something new shortly but wanted to share this with you even if you think it's silly.

busywend

Cool! I have an ancient cell phone, too. I think I might have to get one soon. Sounds like this is one to consider. I have a 'pay as you go' plan as well. No texting for me yet. But, I do want to get a newer phone with a plan that will let me text.

Enjoy!

mstang67chic

Going Green
You're not being silly at all! LOL I got online and ordered my new phone last night and now I can't wait for it to get here! You'd think with husband working for the big V that I could just pop into the store and take care of it but nope. Have to do it online. Grrrrr. The not so bad thing about that though is that I don't have to deal with a line at the store and I have my own personal customer service person right here! LOL Plus when it gets here, they enclose very simple instructions on how to activate it within minutes. All I have to do is take it and my "old" phone to a store to have the numbers and things switched over.

Enjoy the phone! One other thing, if you decide you want some kind of cover/case for your phone or accessories like that, check on Amazon. I ordered a case and some screen protectors for mine last night....spent $2.34. Granted the shipping was much more than that but I still spent less all together than I would have just on the case.

trinityroyal

Linda, nothing wrong with being excited over your new phone. Especially if it's usable and easy to learn.

husband and I just upgraded our cell phones as well. Got the kind that run the new Google Android operating system. Phone, text and e-mail, and a keyboard that's much bigger and easier to use than those wretched BlackBerry ones.

Have fun,

Trinity

DammitJanet

I just got a new phone too when I switched to Sprint. Its cool. I have the Instinct. Its a touch screen and I like it. I will have to check out Amazon for a case. I got screen protectors from Radio Shack when I bought it cause I got them cheap. Tony got this really good flip phone that is good for him because it is construction and military grade. It is a hard shell covered in a rubberized material that has all the little slots and keys sealed so no sand or water can get in. Perfect for being around a job site.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Trinity don't you love the DROID!!!

Linda I just entered the "real" world also! lol
I had my old phone for about 8+ years. No camera, text etc... I didn't care, but now that I have a DROID, wow it is like a whole new world.

My computer has been down for a few days and my phone still had everything!
When I am hanging out waiting for an Apt I can sit and look at things or read the Board. ;)

Good for you.