I got the You child has missed too many days

StressedM0mma

of school letter today. At first I started to panic, but then I remembered that we have been working with the guidance counselor, have spoken with her grade level principal, and they know she is seeing a therapist. So I just was kind of like well, what do you want me to do about this?

StressedM0mma

Exactly!! That is what is what I was saying. husband looked at and just shrugged. He said, let them take us to court. There is nothing more we can do. And, we did tell difficult child about it. I didn't want to stress her out, but I did want her to realize that there are consequences that her dad and I will have to face if this continues. And, I was really proud of her today. She was super panicked this morning, but she managed to get it under control within just a couple minutes, and went in on her own. (I probably just completely jinxed myself!!)

buddy

Just knocked all my wood cupboards for you. It was probably just auto generated. Court happens? Probably a chance to vent how hard it is to get mental health support!

Sheila

It most likely is computer generated, but not sure I'd ignore it completely. Wouldn't hurt to write a letter acknowledging receipt and referring the 'author' to the counselor for "any explanation you need on this matter." Just in case -- might could save some hassle going to court.

paperplate

Been there, for the last 3 years. When DS13 was first diagnosed with Epilepsy, he missed 18 days in a couple of months. The following year, at least 14. This year, he's on home-instruction through the school, although last week he starting attending for 2 hours per day. Now today, he'll miss (complete breakdown last night). I seriously laugh at those letters now. The first time I got one, I freaked, but the office said they're computer generated. Now I just expect a letter every year. I just make sure that the docs have a record of everything. It'll be fine.

paperplate

Funny side bar: I actually CALLED the police a few weeks ago (didn't know DS13 was in manic mode), cop came and instead of behaving DS13 started DANCING...I mean DANCING! The cop didn't know what to do. Came back to check on him and DS13 was STILL DANCING. Got a call from the court house a week later and they said: Don't bring him here, there would be no court date, they weren't touching this with a ten foot pole, clearly DS13 needed a doctor not the courts. My guess is, even if the school involves the court, the court isn't going to be able to do much when the child has a mental problem. They really don't deal with that stuff.

StressedM0mma

Well, I jinxed myself. difficult child has been a major PITA this morning. She is sooo tired. just exhausted. blah blah. I did get her up and hair washed. Even though she was supposed to shower. Oh well. Not my issue if she smells. I have gotten past that. Funny how goals change with a difficult child. She is at her desk hopefully getting ready. This would be the day I need husband to be taking her to school. But... he had to go to spinning class. He figures if he walks in and says "wake up" he has done his part of helping out. I just heard her go into the bathroom. I am guessing that she is going to cut. Just because of the attitude I am getting from her. If she doesn't cut, she will be calling around 9:30 to come home with a migraine. Why can we have 3 totally awesome days and then **** out. Time to text the therapist. Good thing she has an appointment. today. Please pretzel and rattle beads that I can get her into the building today. I cannot deal with it right now.

buddy

Set the stage......oh my stupid phone's acting up. Then do not take her calls or look at her texts.

Seriously, you need an early morning yoga class and husband needs to take at least Tues Thursday shifts taking difficult child to school. It worked when he did that last year, right? He really amazes me how he just lives his life as a single guy in some ways. I don't know how you do it.

StressedM0mma

Buddy, you hit the nail on the head totally. He very much lives his life like a single person. And, after 20 years I guess I have learned to expect so little that an extra seems like a gift. Why do I put up with it? I have been asking myself that alot lately. I also know that I am now 42, and have not held a "real" job in my lifetime. I worked part time while in school, but I quit that when easy child was born. I couldn't work, and take care of her and finish college, so... And, now all these years later, I could not find a job if I wanted to. My skills are limited, and with all of difficult child's school issues, there is no way I could keep a job even if I could get one. So, I put up with it.

On the plus side, difficult child got to school on time and went in without a hassle. And tomorrow is a half day. So, fingers crossed, she will go every day this week. I cannot rmember the last time that happened.

TerryJ2

Your husband sounds like ... a husband. :( So sorry.

And I like Buddy's idea about setting the stage for difficult child about the phone.

Glad she went to school on time!!! Woo hoo!

StressedM0mma

Yeah. He pretty much is a husband. I didn't have to worry about any phone calls today!! Knock on wood. I think she went and stayed because of the therapist appointment. I really really like her new therapist. she is working on skills with her, but does not let her get away with any koi, and doesn't baby her at all. 1/2 a day tmrw and then the long weekend! I can feel the deep breath waiting to come out.