I guess difficult child 1 posts belong here now, huh?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
as he's gone. He's in the Corps.

I posted at Christmas that he was on suicide watch because he'd been burning himself. He called a week later and his cell phone was broke, but he sounded better than the Christmas call. He called again Saturday and sounded *ok*. I didn't bring up the suicide watch or ask any leading questions. I can't do anything, so I'm not even sure I want to know.

His girlfriend called me last night. She said his mood has been so up and down. She also asked if I knew what happened to the phone. He won't tell her anymore than it got "broken with a broom". We both suspect he just smashed it.

I guess way down in my gut, I am worried about him. Life is so much easier with him safely in the barracks in CA, but I just can't help but wonder how good its really going and how things will go when he's not under someone's gaurd all the time.

Thanks for listening. Now maybe I can get on with my day.

Welcome!

That is the hardest thing, isn't it. To let them go when we just aren't sure they are going to be alright. We have to, though.

When you said Corps, did you mean Marine Corps?

Maybe that kind of discipline is just what he needs.

Wishing well, Shari.

Barbara

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Shari, I hope he is doing better. I'm sure it's worrisome. Does he call on a regular basis so that you can feel reassured?

Suz