I had a Dog Whisperer come to my house...

BusynMember

The dogs were running the asylum, literally.

After three days of working with the dogs and establishing my alphamale female side :tongue:, I'm dumbfounded. They are like different dogs!! ALREADY! And, best of all, my two male dogs (yes, they are both neutered) aren't marking in the house. They used to mark so much that we never let them near a carpeting. We still don't, but there is hope.

This Dog Whisperer stuff really works! I can walk my dogs now without THEM walking ME!!! :D Anyone wondering if they should do this, YES if your dogs seem out of control. I was ready to run off and let my dogs take care of hub and kids.

susiestar

Roll With It
How do you find a dog whisperer? We worked with a trainer when we had Buddy, but he was just too nervous to handle a home with 3 kids. He was a stray, and went out of the Pound (all animals here go to the pound and then to the humane society from there. we are a no-kill pound/humane society unless an animal is vicious) the day he went in. A college guy adopted him. I see Buddy around town riding in the passenger seat of the pickup with his head out the window.

I wish the trainer would have helped, but it just didn't happen. How is the dog whisperer different than a trainer?

BusynMember

We got very lucky. This man just loves dogs and, when he heard how poor we were, he did it for $50. I think it's the method that's different. He's a big Cesar fan. He has clients all over Wisconsin, so he's not hurting for money, but he doesn't overcharge anybody. I advertised for help on Craig's List near me and got lucky. He's coming back in September because my pack needs more than one visit. I was shocked though at how they change when you make changes. I am learning to speak "dog" I guess. :confused:
On a related note, I just found out that the doggy in my avator, who I thought was a mixed black lab, is actually a mixed border collie/cocker. She's by far my smartest dog and she learns commands the first time. Now the other dogs....is there Special Education for dogs?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Congratulations on becoming the Pack Leader!

The coolest thing about learning to be in a calm, state of mind with your own pack is that once you learn it in your own home; you take it with you wherever you go into the world and will learn to recognize OTHER Alphas ;) and non-alphas.

I applaud your decision to take control and woof woof, rrrrrow foow grrrr woof woof.....hahahahahalllllf ffffrrrrrrr wowo.ffffff. Know what I mean????? haha.

Training the others in my house? Tougher than I thought....lol. Definitely worth the money!

Lothlorien

It's really essential to train dogs, especially large ones. Having a small dog seems much easier. Other than her fierce dislike of a few certain people and when she used to chase the little ones and bite their shoes (not anymore), she's been good. I grew up in a household with fairly large dogs and most of them thought they were the pack leaders. We had an Alaskan sled dog who growled at every boyfriend I had, except for husband. He also freaked out if you had the hiccups! The dogs were aggressive, but my dad seemed to like it that way. Our house never got robbed, though they did try once.

You will probably feel a lot less stress because of having your dogs trained. Congrats!

KTMom91

Do they have cat whisperers? I let the toy panthers out this morning, and among their other antics, they went into Miss KT's room and woke her up by having a wrestling match on her head. During afternoon recess, they knocked over all the shampoo bottles in the shower, brought Miss KT's undies and socks into the living room (got them from the clothes basket), and moved her peacock feathers and black roses all over the house, along with the usual scattering of newspapers and climbing the screen door.

BusynMember

LOL. Cat Whisperers.
I wisht hey had husband and kid whisperers...lol.
My dogs aren't big. They are all cocker mixes, even the one in my avator. We thought she was a lab mix, but recently learned that she is a cocker/border collie mix :sick:. I never wanted a border collie because of how smart they are and how much they need stimulation and room to roam. She seems more border than cocker. Fortunately, she is cocker enough n Occupational Therapist (OT) to herd and has less energy than a full border, but still....I have to think of tasks for her to do.

I wish it was this easy to be the alpha male leader of my kids :peaceful: