I had a good talk with easy child last night

KFld

I've been so worried about protecting easy child from the truth of what her father did that has caused our split, and worried about her worrying about me, that I thought I was giving her the impression that my wanting a divorce after 27 years of marriage wasn't that difficult for me and I thought she was just thinking this is what I want, so it shouldn't bother me that he has a girlfriend.
I spoke to my counselor last night and then to Cay last night and I was wrong. I told her last night that yes, I do want this divorce, but that it is for valid reasons I would never even consider discussing with her, but that doesn't mean it's easy for me. She said, I know this is very difficult for you. She said she never thought for a minute that it isn't. I told her I just wanted to make sure she knew that because it wouldn't be normal for this to be easy for me.

I also made sure to tell her that even though it's difficult, I will be o.k. because I will continue to see Susan and she's really helping me through it.

She's such a great kid. I shouldn't even be calling her a kid. She's turning into such a well rounded mature young lady. I am so proud of her. :smile:

KFld

By the way, I was going to walk into counseling last night and say to Susan "I told you so", because I told her last week she would never see my s2bx again and she didn't believe me. When I walked in last night she said "well you called it". I laughed and said "I was going to come in and say I told you so, but I didn't think it would be very professional". She laughed.

She was very proud of how I handled the situation with him last week when he told her him and girlfriend were doing good. She said I did awesome. She also thought it was great that I filed because she agrees there is no reason to wait another minute.

wakeupcall

I know this is a monumental relief for you, Karen. Whew! I would be so proud I would bust the buttons on my shirt. She's handling it so well...like a grown-up. Don't forget to tell her how proud you are. I think both of you are doing wonderfully!

Your daughter certainly is handling this well.

And what a role model she has.

Why, the only wayward thing I would worry that your daughter might do is go spend $65.00 on a garbage can holder.

:smile:

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Why, the only wayward thing I would worry that your daughter might do is go spend $65.00 on a garbage can holder.

:smile: </div></div>

Actually I bet if I told her I wanted it, she would run out and buy it for me. :smile: