I had my first big fall......

LittleDudesMom

So, I've been at this healthy living for five weeks now.

Yesterday I fell asleep in the "evil chair" by the fireplace. When I woke up 30 minutes later, I had visions of Fritos dancing through my head! I had two choices, go in the kitchen and start eating stuff to get rid of the frito urge, propably ending up unsatisfied and full, or run to CVS and get some danged Fritos.

I went to CVS. I ate a little over 1/2 the bag :morecrackers:. I then took the bag outback to the supercan, turned the bag over, and sprinkled fritos all around the smelly, nasty, trashcan - my insurance policy!

So I fell.

I think I have to do two excersise shows today!

They were good though........

Sharon

M

ML

I'm looking at this as a god thing. Throwing half a bag away showed great control. We are going to fall sometimes. It's more about how we get back up then anything else. I'm proud of you xo ML

trinityroyal

Sharon, I think you did great.
When a craving is that strong, you can eat your way through an entire kitchen full of carrot sticks, and STILL end up eating the bag of Fritos. (Mmmmm.....fritos).

So, the fact that you had only half the bag AND had the strength of will to get rid of the rest in a way that made them unrecoverable...is very impressive.

You may have fallen off the wagon, but just like the heroes in action movies, you clung to the axle as it was barreling down the road, and climbed back on triumphant.

Good for you!

Trinity

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon,
It's good you enjoyed them and good you ate them instead of something you weren't craving. Even better you threw out half the bag!

I really do believe in not denying foods-plan them in. There are a few trigger foods I try to keep to once or twice a year-like chex party mix. Others, like popcorn (popped in oil and with real butter) I plan in once a week.

F

flutterbee

Sharon -

I believe you were the one that told me not to deny that craving, but to find a way to work it in.

You did good. I agree with the others who said throwing away half the bad showed great willpower.

Star*

call 911........call 911
ROFLMAO -

SO THAT is where my dog got the Frito breath! OH MY YOU are TOOOOO funny. Love the insurance policy.

Hey 1/2 a bag of Fritos - not so bad - you KNEW it was wrong, corrected the problem (sorta lol), and you're back on track. I would suggest spraying evil chair with Febreeze. (No chip residue)

Hugs -
hang in there -
Star
(who does NOT admit to having 1 piece of strawberry cake and 4,5, okay OKAY 8 dove chocolate hearts) - um....I wanted to see what the fortunes said - lol. (That is a lie)

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sharon, I too had to give in.
I had a whole house of family. Lots of food, cake and yummy. I finally had to give in and have small portions of homemade gnocchi,wonderful fresh salami and birthday cake. Out of 4 days. I didn't do so well for 24hrs. Not the best choices made but today we get back to healthier choices.
I threw the rest of the birthday cake and gnocchi away last night. It's the only guarantee.