I had to get away last night...

tiredmommy

Because, frankly, Duckie and I have been attached at the hip for most of the last two weeks. Plus I tend to get cabin fever easily and the only place I've been lately are doctors' offices and the pharmacy. I was loosing it, lol!

So I went over to the church to scope out the rummage sale stuff before the sale starts today. Here's what I got for $25 (most new with the tags on) and 1.5 hours of digging around through the stuff:

For husband: a navy blue Peanut's Halloween t-shirt.

For Duckie: a Disney t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve knit top, 3 long-sleeve knit tops, and a pair of pink fuzzy socks.

For me:
1 long-sleeve woven top
1 pullover heavy sweater
1 heavy cardigan
4 corduroy pants
3 short-sleeve dressy tops
2 woven skirts
5 short-sleeve woven tops
10 long-sleeve woven tops
2 tank tops
2 purses

:thumbsup:

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW!!! 38 items for $25!!! You ROCK on the Bargain Shopper Category!! Especially since you primarily stayed in the "Clothes for MOM" category!!!

$0.66 per item!!!

I think that makes you "Queen" of the Bargain Shoppers!!

Isn't it lovely when we can both get away from our kids for a break AND find lots of lovely new clothes for ourselves at incredible prices??

Maybe each time you wear your new clothes you can think of them as a reminder that we must take care of Mom just the way we take care of kids and Dad. It is hard, but if we neglect Mom we end up with a very unhappy home.

Bask in the fun of your outing, the triumph of your Bargain Shopping Prowess, and the lovely new outfits. Maybe you and Duckie can come up with different outfits for you to try on and then go to her room and do the same with her clothing.

Sort of like "Celebrity Stylist" at home. I know my mom did that once or twice with me and I LOVED it.

Whatever you do, have a good day today!

tiredmommy

Well, Susie, it's become a tradition at my church that I model outfits I got at the rummage sale in the weeks leading up to the next rummage sale. I stand up during the announcement portion of the main service and the sale organization points out each item and how much it cost me. It's a hoot and really motivates the parishioners to check out the sale. :)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
:bravo:Bravo!!
:bow:I bow before you, my bargain hunting:queen:!!
I'm going to be hitting up the Goodwill store this weekend as well. I've spent way too much on clothing using coupons, but putting the charges on my card, which we all know means that my coupons are cancelled out by finance charges. Goodwill, thrift stores and consignment shops are the way to go around here these days. Now if I could only get my daughters on board.

Lothlorien

Jealous!!! I love rummage sales! There's a church near my in-laws that does them every year. I went near the end of the day and it was fill a paper bag for $2. It was incredible!

tiredmommy

Duckie used to hate the thought of buying used stuff or getting hand-me-downs (this was in her princess phase, I might add!). Now she loves to save the $$$ (more for fun stuff!) and she realizes that she likes the softer, broken feel of already worn clothing. :thumbsup:

tiredmommy

We do a bag sale on Sunday afternoon, I usually get my stuff earlier because I don't want to chance it selling before hand.