I hate days like this

mstang67chic

Going Green
I had a few errends to run this morning and then needed to come home and rearrange somethings. I bought a new mattress set for husband and I and it's being delivered today. (YAAAAAY!!!!)

I got up, got difficult child up and off we went. First stop was the DMV to get difficult child a state id as he doesn't have his permit yet. I had his birth certificate, social security card (the entire piece of paper mind you, not just the card) and a piece of mail with his address on it (Unopened even). You would think that would be enough wouldn't you. Not even close. The mail didn't work because it wasn't a bill. The kid just turned 18, doesn't have and has NEVER had a job, has no credit cards, nothing. How am I supposed to get a bill for him? They tell me that his report card would work or a certified transcript from the school. Umm, ok, report card hasn't come yet and the school is closed this week for spring break. I get a teensy bit irritated, mumbled a few things and we left. Halfway home I remembered that he's registered to vote so he checked his wallet. Sure enough, he has his card on him. We go back. So that covered the required 1 primary (birth certificate), proof of residency but only 1 of the required TWO secondary id's. :919Mad: WTH???? What more do you need? Besides, his soc. card HAS his address on it and it's from the GOVERNMENT! That isn't enough? Apparently because he's over 18.........NO. Fortunately I had an insurance card for him on me and FINALLY that was enough. So we finally get the stupid thing (one positive though...as he has never had a drivers license and this is his first id, it was free.)

So we leave the DMV and head to the credit union so difficult child can cash a birthday check. He doesn't have an account so I suggested he open a savings account while we were there. We discovered that he needed more than what the check was for to open an account. Ok, fine, whatever, no big deal. But difficult child just HAD to get snippy and declare that he needed the twenty bucks and he WASN'T opening an account. Ummm...hellooooo, it's not that big of deal and there is absolutely NO reason to get snotty. I tried (reeeeally hard) to keep my cool and once we were back in the car, tried to explain to him that he could have handled that just a bit better. (could have just smacked him)

We finish the rest of the errands and come home. Our garage roof is in deplorable shape. husband doesn't have the time to do it and he would probably fall through as the roof is that bad. So we hired a neighbor guy to do it and he started ripping the old one off today. At one point he was outside with his father and they were talking over our fence to the other neighbor guy. I walked outside and they informed me that my basement is leaking. WHAT!!!!!! Go to the celler...no water. Come back up (it's truly a cellar...the doors are outside) and they point out water leaking out of the cover for the crawl space access. Siiiiiiiiigh. We figured out that there is some sort of large leak from when the washer drains. I haven't found it yet because I'm going to have to crawl in there and as it's wet I'm just not in the mood right now.

So....I go back inside to start moving stuff around for the new bed. difficult child is getting our old mattress and box springs so we get that moved into his room. He's decided that he is just going to put it on the floor and not use the frame. Fine, no problem. The frame gets moved out and then he starts arranging. He also decided that he was going to put HIS old set on the floor too, alongside the "new"one and make a huge bed area. I go in to help him move things and noticed that he had REMOVED THE BASEBOARD TRIM from one ENTIRE side of his room. At this point, the child is lucky to be alive.

The new bed isn't here yet but I'm tempted to crawl in when it gets here and not come out for a week.

KTMom91

Miss KT is currently painting her room gloss black and lime green. Possibly with red and aqua touches. She can't figure out how to fix the holes she's punched in the walls, so is covering them with posters. We have missing baseboards, missing door jambs, missing doors...

When she moves out, I'm gonna gut the room and start over. Lots of hugs to you...just try to keep the door closed so you don't have to look at it. Good luck with your leak and roof projects too.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Miss KT is currently painting her room gloss black and lime green. Possibly with red and aqua touches.

Um, wow. Hope she isn't easily nauseaous and doesn't like to read. Cause if she tries to read in that room, she's going to need a really bright light.

mstang67chic

Going Green
My new bed is here!!!!

(huh....if I repeat that a couple of times it makes me want to say "The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here!..........sorry...Steve Martin fan)

klmno

Sorry you've had such a bad day- at least you can sleep well tonight!!!

by the way- how do you guys keep difficult child damage INSIDE their bedrooms and not spread from room to room??

klmno

No, I can't- but it sounded like KTMom could and I am impressed- I want to know the secret!! difficult child works and helps with the house, then here comes the manic cycle this time of year and there goes last year's paint job, here come holes in the walls, damaged doors, door trim flying through the hall, etc.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG you are too funny =-

The new phone books are here.....

Love Steve martin -
Hate that you have no baseboard
Sorry your roof is crapola
Disgusting to crawl around in wet basement

Think -

Mai Tai with fruit - and raoul crawling aroundin your wet basement in boots and suspenders - kinda like Abbey's first day to work outfit. :surprise::full::laugh:

KTMom91

Well, we only have an 800 square foot house...which helps...and she's really hating the consequence of ripping her bedroom door off the hinges and throwing it at me. There are no hallways in our house...to get to her bedroom, you have to go through my bedroom, and she has only a sad little curtain hanging in her doorway. The only thing she has damaged outside of her room was my kitchen counter, by slamming down a pan and taking out a huge chunk of tile, and I told her if she ever did anything like that again she would be the next thing damaged.

klmno

Wow, Mary, I guess we all have it to live with- one way or another. I make sure difficult child lives with the "natural consequences" too, of course that means that I have to live with it as well.