I hate making sensible decisions.

susiestar

Roll With It
thank you competes in the State Odyssey of the Mind competition today. Last night he was talking to husband about it and said he didn't want me to go.

NOT because he is upset iwth me or anything. He is worried that I will get sick while we are there and then need to spend time in the ER there (it is 2 hrs away).

So while I want more than anything to go, I am staying home. I HATE THIS!!!!!

But adding what the docs think is a virus onto the medication situation (not having the normal level so pain is off the charts) AND having to travel over an hour to the pain doctor on Monday, well, I just cannot go.

I will be cheering him on from home. If they win tomorrow they will go to NATIONALS and Gma and Gpa have said they will pay to take the whole family - I think it is in Difficult Child, but not sure.

At least they have been asked to perform at one of the local elementary schools in a week or so, so I can see the polished version of the performance then.

busywend

If it eases his mind, than you are making the right decision. At least you will get to see it at some point. I am sorry for your heartache and that you are not well.

cubsgirl

I'm sorry you cannot be there to see him and his team. Sensible decisions really hoover sometimes. I did Odyssey of the Mind 22 years ago as a kid - and we went to state but not nationals. I imagine thank you is VERY excited - it's such a fun time. I hope you start feeling better soon and your pain gets under control.

svengandhi

I wish my SD did that program but then they might have to open up their gifted program to kids who think outside of the box.

Congrats and good luck to thank you and his team. Maybe you could have a special dinner or dessert waiting for them when they get home.

M

ML

I'm sorry you can't be there. What a great, amazing kid you have there. I hope he gets to go to finals and maybe by then you will be better.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I am so proud of thank you for thinking of you... Even if it really hoovers that you have to stay home. Get well, sweetie... And yes, you will get to see him!!!