I hate midnight phone calls!

cakewalk

This is so sad! What a cowardice act to keep going as if nothing happened. I would imagine the driver was impaired and had something to hide. Hopefully the police are quick to find him/her.

Ugh. Sad for Clayton's parents and family. Sad for Cory and your family. What a terribly tragic situation.

DammitJanet

Thanks everyone. I hope the driver is caught soon too. Maybe the justice will help these young people find some solace. Personally I am trying to figure out how to deal with a 3 year old who asks about "daddy's boy who went all dead in the road". Thankfully she only asked about him twice today and we redirected her to cartoons because I really dont want her going home to her mom's and talking about this. Maybe they wont understand her.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm late coming into this but sending lots of gentle hugs and healing thoughts. What a horrible thing to happen and I hope the driver is caught soon. I hope Keyana is ok also.

nvts

God bless Cory for being such a good devoted friend. He gave this boy meaning in his life - that's what he needs to be sure of.

God bless his friend, may he be cradled in the palm of his hand.

God bless his family, may they be blessed with the happy memories that their son/brother gave them.

God bless Keyana, may she be small enough to remember his life and not the tragedy and trauma of his death.

Janet, I'm so sorry that there's so much suffering for all of you. I wish I could be there in person to help lessen some of the pain.

Love ya!

Beth

goldenguru

Late coming in too Janet. I'm really sorry for your family. And of course, the boys family.

When my grandma died a few months back we told my granddaughter that she went up to heaven with Jesus. She seemed to accept this. Death is a difficult thing to explain to such a small child. I'm really sorry.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} for Cory especially, and Clayton's family, and for you and Tony and Keyana too. It sounds like Keyana noticed but doesn't quite understand which is probably best for her. I wish there was something I could say for Cory to make HIM feel better but I know all of the stuff's been said too many times and is cliche now... So please.. Accept my thoughts & prayers and lots of love.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Prayers / hugs to all involved. What a tradegy. Mostly, I'd watch out for Cory right now. If he feels responsible, that will eat at him every minute. His daughter...well, I hate to be insensitive, is young and most likely will not remember this unless it is continually brought up to her. Little ones are easy to redirect. It's us old farts that hang on to things we should probably make peace with.

Hugs.

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so sorry Janet. Keep reminding Cory how strong he is, how far he has come, how he did not do this to Clayton.
He was his friend. He is his friend and always will be.