I HATE shopping

crazymama30

Tried to take difficult child Christmas shopping for immediate family members. He also had some money left over from his b-day he wanted to spend. Sounded ok to me. We get to Wally world, and he wants to buy a nerf dart gun. NO. He has 3 nerf guns for in his room use. I am considering taking them away as he tortures the dog with them. I told him he could not buy any guns. Melt down time. And they were doing shop with a cop at Wal Mart, so our fine police department got free entertainment. :faint: We left with out him spending his money or buying presents for anyone else. I just bought a present for niece.

On the way home he has the nerve to ask to go to A & W to use his free root beer coin. I THINK NOT!!! :nonono: :grrr:

DavidWH

Thanks for the laugh... I needed that.. been there done that a million times - and the gall they have to ask... as if

happymomof2

That has got to be part of the ADHD - you know the not focusing part!! To think you would actually make a special stop for him after that behavior :smile:

Mine has always been the same way. He acts up, then after he is over his little tantrum - hissy fit. Then all is suppose to return immediately to normal with no consequences!

meowbunny

Sadly, it doesn't seem to change when they get older -- the arguments just get more sophisticated why they had a right to act the way they did and why we should now do what they want. My not-so-little one tries, don't think she's succeeded even one time.