I HATE shopping

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by crazymama30, Dec 19, 2007.

1. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

Tried to take difficult child Christmas shopping for immediate family members. He also had some money left over from his b-day he wanted to spend. Sounded ok to me. We get to Wally world, and he wants to buy a nerf dart gun. NO. He has 3 nerf guns for in his room use. I am considering taking them away as he tortures the dog with them. I told him he could not buy any guns. Melt down time. And they were doing shop with a cop at Wal Mart, so our fine police department got free entertainment. :faint: We left with out him spending his money or buying presents for anyone else. I just bought a present for niece.

On the way home he has the nerve to ask to go to A & W to use his free root beer coin. I THINK NOT!!! :nonono: :grrr:
  2. DavidWH

DavidWH New Member

Thanks for the laugh... I needed that.. been there done that a million times - and the gall they have to ask... as if
  3. happymomof2

happymomof2 New Member

That has got to be part of the ADHD - you know the not focusing part!! To think you would actually make a special stop for him after that behavior :smile:

Mine has always been the same way. He acts up, then after he is over his little tantrum - hissy fit. Then all is suppose to return immediately to normal with no consequences!
  4. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

Sadly, it doesn't seem to change when they get older -- the arguments just get more sophisticated why they had a right to act the way they did and why we should now do what they want. My not-so-little one tries, don't think she's succeeded even one time.