I have a date YIKES!!!!!!!

KFld

I haven't gone yet :smile: I'm meeting him at 3:00 this afternoon at a restaurant not to far from me. He lives about 40 minutes away, but offered to come down my way, so I thought of a nice place with a bar that has quite a few tables in it so we can sit at a table, have a drink and get to know each other. YIKES!!!!!

What the heck am I thinking??????? I'm a huge ball of anxiety now. Maybe I could just call him and tell him I just came down the the flu??????

Nope, I'm going to step outside the box and do it!! Well, not it!! You all know what I mean :smile:

I just have to realize it could go one of two ways. Either there is no connections, I have a drink and tell him I have to be somewhere, or we could hit it off and sit and talk for hours. Who knows? The only thing I do now is that I'm already getting the impression that we have two different concepts of time and that is one of my biggest pet peaves. For instance last night he said I'll call you in the morning and we'll figure out what time and where, and then he didn't call me until 1:00. When I tell someone I'm going to do something or be somewhere at a certain time, I'm there. If he shows up late today, that will be it for me.

I'll let you all know how it goes. :surprise:

TerryJ2

(drumming fingers)))) well I want his resume.....

And you dear have all the fun you can have until we clear his background.

LOL! :laugh:

So, does he live in the same time zone? I mean, he's not on W. Coast time or anything?

I hope you brought a book to read ... just in case ...

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It's 6:45 now so either he was very late and you met someone else....or it's a hit!

We're waaaaaiiiiiiittttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing, Karen! :smile:

Suz

DDD

OK, gang. It's almost 8:00. What do you think? Is she at BFFs
house sharing every detail with Jill? Are they talking until they are blue in the face? Is he doing a sales promo on the advantages of "or more"?????? :smile:

I'm going to have a Cutty to calm my nerves! :smile: DDD

DDD

I'll drink to that! :smile: :smile: DDD

Maybe I'll get a shower and just leave the outside light on for her. Tomorrow is a workday! Night

wakeupcall

She's not home YET????? OMG......is this exciting or what? This feels like we're all at a slumber party and gossiping. Kaaaaaareeeennnnn....where are yoooooou??

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sooooooo it was THAT good huh? STILL NOT ON THE COMPUTER......

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO THIS IS YOUR DEFINITION OF GOING IT SLOW? WOW - what's fast?

(okay girls there's no action here - none we're going to hear about anyway - let's pack it up for the night)

DDD

We could go hide in the bushes outside so we can see for ourselves?????? Yeah! been there done that...fifty years ago :wink:
THAT was a funny slumber party! DDD

busywend

Well, maybe she is a husband fan and had to watch TV last night, or she lost power or something!

Oh Karen????? How was the date?

Prince or Toad?

DDD

Uhhhhhh.....ladies, do you think it is time to be discreet and
leave our lovely young middleaged family member alone? After all
we don't want her to feel like she is surrounded by nosey kin
trying to live vicariously through her emergence from her long
comfortable cacoon? Do we???

Heck, yes! I WANT to KNOW!!!!! :smile: The suspense is just
killing me! :smile:

Karen, you can share ALL the details with us and we will NEVER
EVER repeat what you have told us. Really. You can trust all
four thousand of us to keep a pact of secrecy! :bow: DDD

wakeupcall

Maybe she doesn't want any of us to know.... :crying:

Karen, do you know that by not giving a detailed description of your evening that we dream up ALL kinds of things to entertain ourselves???

DammitJanet

Good lord...she went out at 3 pm and we havent heard from her yet! Maybe we should call 911!!!!!

This guy could be a serial killer or something.

(Ok, maybe I watch too much Court TV)