I have a easy child Story. Does someone want to share a story of their easy child too?

Jody

I have another beautiful daughter. She's 17 and she's going to be leaving for college this summer. She is number 12 in her class right now out of 408. She wants to own her own gym one day. She is getting a bachelor's in exercise science, and her minor is in Evangelistic Ministry. She plays soccer and eats healthier than anyone I know. SHe doesn't drink soda and eats triscuits and plain tuna with nothing in it. Yuck. She is a beautiful girl and does part-time modeling for a portrait studio. I talk a lot about difficult child and just wanted to tell someone about my other daughter who sometimes seems to get put on the back burner. She holds my hand when we go shopping and tells me she loves me all the time. She is not the norm for a 17 year old girl. I am so, so proud of her.

TerryJ2

Oh, Jody, that's awesome!
She sounds like my 18-yr-old daughter. She tells me she loves me all the time, too, and sometimes still calls me "Mommy."
She is leaving for a mission trip to Honduras this week. I will only see her Tue night at dinner, sigh.
She and husband went last yr, and the orphanage was so small, she got to know all the kids by name and she sobbed all the way home.
She collected shoes for all the boys, and she's going to do art therapy (her major) with all the kids, because they've all been abused.
She's a great artist and it's fun to talk about drawing and painting styles with her.
She is ALWAYS happy. When she was really little, I'd take her to the mall and she'd be singing and singing, and complete strangers would ask, "Is she always like that?" and I'd say, "Yes!"

DammitJanet

Well, two oldest sons are fairly easy child...lol.

Oldest still lives at home which I would love to have change at some point but he just recently got promoted to working FULL TIME at his job (Glory Be!). I am absolutely ecstatic over that. He just bought his second new used car. He is now dating. Tony says he is now a late teenager...lol. Pretty much.

Middle son is the most easy child. Married, two kids, buying his own home. Did a tour in the Marines, now working for the sheriff's dept as an Animal Control Officer. Dream job. I see him several times a year, he calls at least once or twice a week or more. We keep up with pics of kids on facebook.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Hi, Jody! Every one should have a easy child, especially a girl!

By all predictions our 13 y.o. should have ended up a difficult child. She waited for 9 months in an orphanage, on her back in a crib, rocking herself, waiting for a family to claim her. Yesterday she told me that, since she will be a 9th grader next year, she will have to delete her Facebook page because colleges will start looking at her and she didn't want any one to post anything which might hurt her chances of getting into a good school! Yikes! I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up!

We really enjoy her determination to be successful and use every opportunity which Fate has provided. When we drove off with her, the orphanage director said "now you are an American girl and you will have a good education". I often wonder about the little ones who stayed behind.

KTMom91

Miss KT walked into the living room while I was reading this thread, and I read her part of 3S's comment about her daughter. Miss KT said, "Oh, that's so beautiful...what are you going to write about me?" I said, "I can't write on this one...I don't have a easy child." She rolled her eyes at me and said, "Mom, you do so have a easy child. Your laptop is not a Mac, it's a easy child."

Guess that's as close as I'm going to get!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
"Mom, you do so have a easy child. Your laptop is not a Mac, it's a easy child."

:rofl:

You have to give KT credit, the kid has a sense of humor.

Jody I was lucky to have an awesome easy child while my 2 difficult children were growing up. If nothing else it kept me from doubting my parenting skills. lol You have every reason to be super proud of your easy child. I hope she can succeed at what she wants to do!

My easy child is now 25. She's married, a Mom to 2 boys and has another baby on the way. She also works full time as an RN, and is in school full time for her bachelor's degree. If you couldn't guess my easy child was the over achiever of the family. lol

But just so you don't lose hope........My youngest difficult child Nichole I think of as more of a easy child these days and have for some time now. And if you knew where she was just about 4 yrs ago, you'd know what an amazing transformation it has been.

Even my Travis, who will forever be my difficult child has made huge leaps forward and made me proud.

((hugs))

Jody

I am still hoping that difficult child will be a easy child one day. She was easy child this morning. One day at a time. When things are rough it's nice to see that your parenting skills must have been somewhat decent, and it's nice to think of something other than the drama sometimes.

That was so funny what KT said about the easy child. Smart, smart girl.

That is sad about the ones left behind in the orphanage. Your daughter has a bright future ahead of her and so much opportunity!!!1

judi

Our oldest son (now 29) is absolutely the best! He is married, has two little ones, works so hard in a machine shop, working all the overtime he can get. He was laid off a total of 12 weeks last year and worked on the house throughout everything. His son who is now 8 months old has been hospitalized multiple times for several congenital issues. He handles all he doctor appts, daily medications/care for his son right alongside his wife.

We are so proud of him!