Some parent in the Land Of difficult children might know the answer. During the height of the blizzard yesterday, easy child had a blond moment. She put one of those Asian noodle dishes in the microwave and forgot to add the water! Fire in the micro, noodles turned to charcoal and entire house reeks with odor worse than burned popcorn. The inside of microwave is putrid smelling and yellow stained. We opened the kitchen door but the stench is everywhere. Any suggestions for purging the odor from both the micro and the whole house? Oh, and by the way, the difference between a difficult child and a easy child? The easy child is contrite, takes responsibility, apologizes, cleans up the mess she created, and cleans 3 litter boxes without complaint to make up for her mistake. The difficult child...I don't even want to evoke those memories!