I have a spark of hope.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Belle called husband yesterday.

She got my letter - the one that simply said I loved her, I missed her, I'd tried to send pictures but they weren't allowed, and we'd like to visit; could she put in for one of the early afternoon Saturday slots? That I wasn't sure Pat would come, and I wasn't sure if they'd allow Rose, but husband and I would definitely visit.

So when she called, because she does not have minutes on her account ($1+ per minute is not reasonable when we have paper in my opinion), she jammed all that in to the "who's calling" portion. "Dad-this-is-Belle-got-the-letter-I-will-set-up-Saturday-I-love-you-all!"

So we will be visiting her Saturday. I am hoping this is a major corner turned.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm pretzeling like crazy... She sets up visits every weekend for the 7:30 slot, but we found out from her cell mate's mother that biogma visits then. Which is fine, except... Biogma and husband in the same small room... Ahhh, bad idea. Which is why we asked for the midday visit. (If biogma is there at the same time, she will likely start screaming at husband and end up arrested... So we are trying to avoid that.)

The way this jail is set up - or was 17 years ago - is you go through a metal detector and sit on chairs, the inmates are brought in and then you sit at a little carrel with thick glass between you and the inmate. You talk on phone handsets. This may have changed... But this is what it was like in 1996. (I dated a guy who had a DUI and was in this facility... He never did completely clean up and is in the ADF down the road now.)

PatriotsGirl

The way this jail is set up - or was 17 years ago - is you go through a metal detector and sit on chairs, the inmates are brought in and then you sit at a little carrel with thick glass between you and the inmate. You talk on phone handsets. This may have changed... But this is what it was like in 1996. (I dated a guy who had a DUI and was in this facility... He never did completely clean up and is in the ADF down the road now.)

*That is exactly how it was when we visited difficult child - through glass on a phone...hope I never have to do that again...

S

Signorina

I have a spark of hope along with you. It's always a good feeling when they reach out a bit. I hope it goes well

toughlovin

This is what it was like when my difficult child was in jail also.... and I agree I hope we are not in that situation again.... although I will take visiting him in jail over worrying where he is on the street.

TL

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:sigh:

She set up for the 7:30 slot.

Either husband will go alone... Risking biogma's antics... Or we will go ahead & go. I just don't want to expose Rose to that kind of drama.

I don't know if Belle misunderstood, or if she is playing a game, or what. I'm disappointed. I really wanted to see her - but I don't think it's gonna happen this weekend.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Thanks to biogma, husband was unable to see her... but she called a bit ago and said she'd try again and was sorry about gma...

DammitJanet

Darn...sorry about that.

About the visiting set up.... the ways we have down here are either like you describe with the glass and phone handsets or they go all video and you are in one room and the inmate is somewhere else and you see each other in a computer screen. I hate that way.