I have been scraping pennies for weeks, so

witzend

husband bought himself a new I-Pad yesterday. Without saying anything. On Credit. He says he will pay for it out of his allowance - for the next five years. Then he ran off to buy groceries. If it hasn't come out of the box yet, it's going back.

Why does he not have a clue?

Star*

call 911........call 911
He has a clue - he's just being selfish and just because YOUR lifestyle has changed in his mind his doesn't have to. YOU WILL ALWAYS fix it and do without so he can have.

My best guess.

That's what it used to be around here too and I finally said "NOPE NOT THIS TIME." and laid it out cold and didn't sugar coat it one iota. Now everyone is giving up a LOT.

I'd also make HIM take it back - WHENEVER there was a vehicle GOING that way to conserve gas.

Hugs

Tiapet

Old Hand
Sorry he can't see through the forest at this point witz. As an adult we expect that they do but sometimes that doesn't happen. I hope taking it back goes without incident.

witzend

He's standing his ground. It's not going back. I was so mad I didn't want to make a miserable weekend by going on and on with a huge fight. I am going to make it clear to him that he is going to be bringing lunch from home until it's paid off, and he isn't going to take weird cash withdrawals from the bank and say he's "paying himself back" for some imaginary list of things that he's bought for the household out of his "pocket money". If he needs to buy something for himself then he needs to put it on the card where I can see it and he can explain it. No more "Cash withdrawals".

Then I went and bought myself my first ever pair of Spanx (on sale) and told him about it. So there.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm sorry he's being so selfish and impulsive. We all would like to do things like that for ourselves, but someone has to be the grown-up.

I hope the rest of your weekend is better, Witz.

(((Hugs)))

TerryJ2

Wow.
I'm so sorry.
Spanx, smchmanx. No comparison. (But you'll look better than he does. :) )
I agree with-the cable disconnect. That stuff is expensive. We haven't had cable for 11 yrs.

witzend

I LOVE my cable! And he's not subscribing to any of the I-Pad programming, so that won't matter, either. He says he bought it for me so that I can watch movies on vacation. Hello - I already watch movies just fine on vacation on my I-Pod that I paid cash for out of my pocket.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
They just don't get it, do they?

husband has gotten better about this. But I also see it with H & E - and with my Mom and Dad.

Sigh. Lots of hugs.

DammitJanet

Tell him if he is such a humanitarian he can send it to me who has no way of watching or reading an ebook...lol. Im praying I get a Nook for xmas.

DammitJanet

he has a sony reader and now whats an Ipad? OMG! Why? I have heard that this first edition arent even that reliable yet. It is best to wait at least a few months for the bugs to get worked out.

Sheesh...the only thing that looks cool to me is the piano thing. Really...you cant use it as a phone so you need that Ipad and the Iphone...seems like I would just keep my reader and my phone.