I have end-of-schoolitis

flutterby

Fly away!
Not because of easy child. Well, some of it because of easy child. But, I've washed my hands of that and he has to deal with it.

But with difficult child. I am soooooo glad that she is going back to regular school next year. This homeschooling thing, and being with her 24/7, is really wearing me down. School is a battle. She acts helpless about it until her PCA gets here and then all of a sudden she can do it. I JUST DON'T WANT TO DO IT ANYMORE!!!

I just can't make myself care anymore about her school. I've stopped answering the phone when the school calls. Sometimes it's 5 phone calls a day. Enough already! 3 weeks left. It can't go fast enough. :please:

Her PCA will be working with her a lot this summer. difficult child is also going to enroll in some art classes at the rec center. Trying to get her out and about to make the transition back to regular school smoother.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The art classes are a good idea. And she ought to enjoy them. :)

And getting back into normal school with kids her own age will be a very good thing for her, both now and in the long run.

And I'm sure you could use the break yourself! :D

Nichole used to have very high levels of anxiety. (not as bad as your difficult child but pretty bad) Meanie that I am, I made her face it head on, all the time. And she sure let me know just how mean I was too. lol Years of battles with it, but you know.......I honestly don't think she has it much these days. Same approach I've always taken with mine.......and it keeps mine under control.

At some point difficult child has to learn to cope with the rest of the world. Scary as I know that is for her. But with each accomplishment, she'll realize even if it was hard she got thru it. And each time it gets a teensy bit easier.

We had a girl that played with the kids who lived down the street from us for years. She had horrid anxiety similar to the level your difficult child has. She was homeschooled all thru grade school and jr high. Finally her mom couldn't do it anymore. Dealing with teens all day is rough. And sent her to hs to "deal". We had moved out of the neighborhood by then. But of course being a small town the kids all went to school together. I see this girl all grown up now.....off at college and OMG I can't believe it's the same person! She just took off in hs. :)

I hope difficult child is able to do the same. She is such a cool kid, with alot to offer. I liked her the moment we met. (and I don't do that with just anybody)

Hugs

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I only managed homeschooling for a year. I like to have lost my mind. I can't imagine how you have done it this long. You are a very understanding mom.

hugs,

beth

KTMom91

I don't know how you survived it, either. It would not be a pretty sight if Miss KT and I were together 24/7. Someone would have gotten hurt.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm right there with ya! Counting down the days...

I don't think I'd have the patience to homeschool my kids... my expectations are too high maybe.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I don't know how you have made it through. Or difficult child! It will be so nice for the break in the day for both of you.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm so glad the year is almost over, if I had to teach my difficult child, well let's just say it should never be allowed to happen.