I have not one but TWO

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Prayers going up, fingers and toes are crossed.

You can usually find a nice pair of dress shoes at the Salvation Army for cheap, or one of those second hand stores. Lots of times I look there first since they're already broken in. lol

Hugs

:elf:

Steely

Big prayers and positive thoughts being sent your way!!!
:thumb:
You know some cities have what they call a "corporate closet" - where corporate women donate their nice business suits and shoes and such. I don't know your financial situation - but if you cannot afford nice shoes - then maybe contact your local social services to find out if there is such a thing.

F

flutterbee

Fingers crossed for you!

Could you borrow a pair of your friend's shoes for the interview?

Lothlorien

Dress for Success....non-for-profit company that outfits women trying to get back to work that don't otherwise have the means to pay for clothing/shoes/accessories. See if they have a local chapter in your area.

nvts

What's the name of that website "freecycle.com" or something?

Maybe there? Otherwise, wear your sneakers and limp and tell them that you were on your way out the door, slipped and twisted your ankle but you want this job sooooo much that you didn't want to take the chance and reschedule!

been there done that! Good luck!

:salute:

Beth

meowbunny

Call Salvation Army and explain the situation. They may be more than happy to just give you a pair of shoes.

Do you have any black sneakers? If you get desperate, use a black marker and color in any logos, designs, etc. and hope they don't look down. Not the greatest solution but better than nothing.

"Working Wardrobe" is the name of the organization by me that has free clothes for women trying to make it into the workplace. They may have a chapter in your area.

Call SA and see if they could get you just a pair of shoes.

St. Vincent DePaul might be able to do it.

Freecycle

Craigslist

If you get the snow that we are getting now, you may not be able to pull off wearing the sandals...

In any event, rattlingg beads so loud that if you stick your head out the window, you should be able to hear them all the way from Chicago.

DammitJanet

join your local freecycle.org website pronto. you may get lucky.

If all you are looking for is shoes and maybe some business type outfits...and you are a normal size...I bet folks would come out of the woodwork to help you.

Just join and ask.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I think each local one has it's own rules that way. The one in our county doesn't require a waiting period before posting.

I wish you were closer. We wear the same size. :frown:

Keeping fingers crossed you can find shoes. But you know what? If you just have to I bet you could pull it off with the sandals. I mean, come on, how many people are going to zero in on your feet, right?

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
Salvation Army WILL give you what is called a voucher for so many pairs of pants, a pair of shoes, coat etc. You have to call the main office. I volunteer there - I promise you people /women come in every day to get vouchers for job interviews.

If all else fails - go in your nicest socks and wash your tennis shoes - bring it to THEIR attention that you really want the job and you are READY to get busy - even wore the right shoes to start today!

Call Salvation Army, or United Way. A LOT of local churches have clothes closets. Usually any LIHEAP office (help with paying utilities) can direct you. Do a GOOGLE search in your area.

BEST of Luck!

Star*

call 911........call 911
(jokingly(

You COULD go in your socks and tell them "I REALLY need this job".

Desperate measures for desperate times.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well.....

Since you're getting desperate......

You can start calling churches and let them know what your problem is. I'm sure if someone has dress shoes that would fit, they wouldn't mind dropping them off at your house.

You know.... Tis the Season....And all that.

Worth a shot.

:santa:

donna723

If all else fails ... most domestic violence shelters have "clothing closets" of donated articles. They usually have lots of nice interview-type clothes and shoes. Maybe if you gave them a call, they'd be able to help you out???????

It's worth a try!