I have probably lost my everlovin mind.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
DF....wish I could but there are a multitude of reasons I cant do that. Mainly we are pretty poor folks living paycheck to paycheck. We dont have that kind of money to shell out. I might be able to get a loan on my place but refuse to do that. I also get Medicaid which limits my resources and Im not putting that at risk. I can only own one house and one car. Not blowing that. Not even for him. I wont put my house at risk either on a loan for him on the chance he doesnt pay...not worth the risk.

This is a far better idea. He can save up the money and pay for it outright. Doesnt have to be a mansion, just a small singlewide.

O yes, you wouldn't want to risk your own security. I didn't realize things were so very tight for you right now. You're right...better for them to buy on their own.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

I've let Travis come back home. While I didn't expect miracles, I did expect certain things simply because he is no longer on the same level as when he left. For the most part it's working out fine and dandy. Much better than before I think for everyone, including him. Although I think he'd be happy if he could find work.

Today Nichole and I worked our ever lovin' fannies off in the yard working on flower beds that really haven't had attention in about 3 yrs and building 3 new ones from scratch. Travis did much of the heavy lifting work with mulch, marble chips, top soil and such. Before.....OMG it would be like pulling teeth.......today he just did it. Was very nice. And now my front/side yard looks like I've dreamed of it looking since we bought the darn house 7 yrs ago. :D

Cory is no longer the child he was when he left your home. He is a man and a father. I think/hope this makes things run smoother, and with there being a goal in mind.......I have a feeling it probably will.

KTMom91

I went back home (briefly) three times, the last being when Miss KT and I moved back from the Bay Area before her father, since I had to start a new job. My brother (the perfect one) went back home once, and stayed for about five years!

Son #2 came home after college, I think he was here nearly a year till he found a good job and could save up for a place, but since he was really good about helping around the house and cooperating, there were no issues. I don't know what we'll do if this nanny job for Miss KT falls through...I guess she'd come back home till fall 2011, when she plans on going away to college.

Sending many hugs and lots and lots of strength.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Well, I'm with you Janet. I've agreed to let Youngest (now 32 weeks pregnant), her fiance, and my grandson "stay" with me for a few weeks, in my brand new (to me) townhouse. The reason, her fiance messed around with job prospects and only JUST found a job (don't even get me started on my feelings on that), their lease is up at the end of May and they have nowhere to go, and she's sick and pregnant (the pregnancy continues to be very difficult for her). I'm doing this for my grandson more than anything, to be sure he has a reasonably stable and safe place to live. I've written up a contract with expectations, and they've agreed. The good news is, Youngest doesn't want it any more than I do, and I suspect they truly will only be there a short time, i.e., until fiance gets a paycheck or two under his belt and they can put down a security deposit on an apartment. She's cleaner than I am these days, and I'm pretty sure she'll keep things neat. Having grandson there is actually my biggest stressor.. I've grown used to the quiet of living alone ... but I'm telling myself I can live with anything for a month. It had better be no more than a month.

We all have to do what we think is best for our situation. I know that you've probably thought through every possible contingency and consequence before making this decision. Sending strength and hugs :)

DammitJanet

I think Cory is gonna drive me batty about cleaning! Yesterday he arrived with a pickup truck and went through the house like a mad man. He backed the truck up to the windows and started tossing trash out of the house. When he started to complain about it, I pointed out that the majority of what he was tossing was koi that was left from either him or Mandy or a very small part from when Jamie still lived at home! He also cleared out a closet that Billy left behind when he moved from one bedroom to another and left packed with trash. Billy is a packrat or hoarder...take your pick.

Cory was tossing and I was scrambling to make sure he didnt get rid of anything important...lol. I left to go to the grocery store and when I got back he had cleaned out the laundry room. I am a bit worried about that because he says he went through all the clothes on the floor but I dont see a whole lot left and I cant imagine they were all trash...but oh well...gone now. He is ordering (!) me and Billy to get to cleaning our rooms and the kitchen and the family room...lmao. Later he did relent and say that he understood my position and how I cant do as much on a day to day basis because I hurt. His body hurting now has given him a new-found appreciation for my pain. He says he cant imagine living in his body in pain with another 100+ pounds. Good for him...lol.

So now...we have work to do...sigh. At least it is much cleaner! Only a couple of rooms left and vacuuming to go!

My wife sometimes goes on a tear like Cory, and when she does, nothing and no one is safe. If you don't want to be drafted you better have business elsewhere, and if you do, you had best be prepared for having any "stuff" you've saved severely dealt with. "That was my favorite shirt for working in the yard!" or "I was gonna put those t-shirts in the garage for shop rags" cut no ice, with her.

DammitJanet

What is really irritating me though is that I wished that all this had happened....this spring cleaning if you will...when I was in the hospital for so long. I would really have thought the family would have done that for me so that when I came out I would have had a clean house to come home to. Instead it was even worse than when I left, if that can be imagined. And I was in no way capable of tending to a house when I got home so it got worse and worse.

If it had been cleaned up, I think things could have been kept fairly decent because for a time I even found a woman to come in and help me for a low price but she was swimming against the tide with the way it was. I could never get her in the whole house.

Even now, I have to use the wheelchair to cook dinner about 3/4's of the time because my back just wont hold up. Pain in the butt considering I have an island in my kitchen to wheel around.