I Have to Say....

jal

That contrary to my horrible post almost 2 weeks or so ago. My 10 days of home bound vacation have been very good. I've been able to read an incredible novel, lounge all day in pj's at will, cook yummy food and have fun with-difficult child & husband. difficult child has done very, very well this vacation. He's been entertaining and for the most part just nice to be around. He says he's looking forward to going back to school. We recv'd his report card just before vaca and for 2nd grade he's doing great. Above grade level in math and right on target in reading and other areas. He's had a few tiny blips on the radar during the time off and 1 big one, but we've gotten thru no problem.

I am so not looking forward to heading back to work...although I know that reality must come. Yet, it's been a much needed respite from daily life, much more than I ever could have hoped for when I wrote my negative post about this life. I know shortly it'll return in some form or another, but at this moment, I am thankful for the time I've had here with my family.

Happy New Year.

jal

The book was "The Horse Boy", by Rupert Isaacson. A journey of a father trying to heal his autistic son, through nature, instinct and shaman.

Very good.